awesome diabolo act

  • Charlie Holland
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2004
      Fans of diabolo should check out The Circus Space Cabaret on Saturday 8th
      May at 8pm. We're flying these two artists from Switzerland to perform
      exclusively at The Circus Space Cabaret, for one night only - so don't miss
      the chance to catch this act.

      DUO TR'ESPACE (Petronella v. Zerboni and Roman Muller) perform a diabolo act
      that fuses juggling and dance. Their speciality is playing the diabolo the
      horizontal way which offers a lot of new possibilities and combinations that
      have never been seen before. For this act they were awarded silver medal and
      four other prizes at this year's Festival Mondial du Cirque de Demain.

      Also on the bill are:
      PABLO REBOLEIRO - club juggler
      FLY-GIRL - 'Lady Em' soars high in the roof of The Circus Space on the
      Flying Rope.
      DUO VERTIGO - Bryan and Juliette Hardy-Donaldson with their new jaw-dropping
      cradle act.
      THE FLASH MONKEY! - Burlesque band of the moment with supreme singer
      Shingais.
      DESIREE performing TWIST - Refined contortion poses, gorgeously costumed,
      superbly performed, elaborately staged - a rare exhibition of human
      flexibility.
      THE WRONG SIZE presents PLUNGE -Tribute on Tissus to the 1950s - check out
      the polka dots!
      PHOENIX - Hand-balancing from Lucy Francis.
      THE 100 YEAR OLD ACROBATS - They've got to be seen to be believed.

      Tickets
      Centre Front £20.00
      Centre £15.00 (£12.50 conc.)
      Side £12.50 (£10.00 conc.)

      Book on 020 7387 0031 or buy in person from The Circus Space

      Next cabaret dates: Sat 3rd July; Fri 13th August
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2004
        In your last message, you said:

        > Their speciality is playing the diabolo the
        > horizontal way which offers a lot of new possibilities and combinations that
        > have never been seen before.
        ... Except by anyone who knows Andy P.*

        ( No really, it was lots of fun when he was first
        practising/learning/discovering it... Whereas before you knew not to stand
        in line with his (renegade) diabolo so as not to get injured when he missed
        the latest lunatic trick, with the horizontal version "in line with" is a
        horizontal plane 360degrees around him, so you ain't safe anywhere....)

        N.

        * The original Andy P., not the mystery usurper to the name who's on this
        list... ;-)
      • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2004
          --On 01 May 2004 12:12 +0100 Nigel <nigel@...> wrote:

          >> Their speciality is playing the diabolo the
          >> horizontal way which offers a lot of new possibilities and combinations
          >> that have never been seen before.
          > ... Except by anyone who knows Andy P.*

          Indeed... I still instinctively flinch when I see him get his
          renegades out.

          -Paul
        • Danny Colyer
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2004
            LP wrote:
            > Indeed... I still instinctively flinch when I see him get his
            > renegades out.

            And I still instinctively move my beer when I see Barnesy get his out.

            --
            Danny Colyer ( danny@... )
            <url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>