Re: DVD rs

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 4:05 PM
      It may well be that DVDs may not last as long as a tape if the tape is stored and not played. However, playing a tape does wear it and you are gambling that an aging machine may well chew the tape next time you play it.

      Make a digital copy and then store the master tape away from magnetic feilds.

      You can play a DVD r as many times as you like.

      Also, most digital camcorders have analogue inputs now so a digital tape is easy to make. A digital tape is better than an analogue copy (another VHS) for many reasons (mainly due to time base and interlacing of images with analogue).

      So if you have valuable footage on VHS and you have digital video recording device, then record it digitally ASAP.

      Jonathan (Video Geek)