Re: [uk_jugglers] Derby Caberet

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 25, 2003
      In your last message, you said:

      > Nope, i can't do it, Nigels too sweet and fluffy!
      Awwwww, thanks colonhyphenclosebracket

      Anyhow, you don't have to worry about me escaping into the community and
      corrupting the innocent bystanders with a walk into a strong headwind, the
      world's safe cos I appear to be trapped in an invisible box...

      N.

      ( And Tim, you need your head examined! Great film??? well, let's cast two
      people who can't sing all that well in the leads of our musical, coax acting
      performances from our cast that can be described at absolute
      stand-out-head-and-shoulders-above-everyone-else best ( the compere guy ) as
      "passable", select a bunch of songs and mangle them ( even a song as good as
      "Roxanne" was able to be annihilated by their arrangements ), have a
      lame-arse cliché of a plot that might just have been enough for a 10 minute
      short and stretch it out over a full movie.... And as for the whole star
      crossed lovers "how can we possibly define love" duet medley of power
      ballads of the last 25 years.. puh-leeaz!!! Ow! even the memory of that
      sequence is painful.. at the time it had me curled up in a foetal position
      shouting "for f*ck's sake, hurry up and die, bitch!".
      It did have some nice visual effects tho'. And Kylie's performance was OK (
      plus she had the sense to only be in it for 2 minutes... ), but that's
      nowhere near enough to redeem it )