Apologies to Thomas Hood

  • Mark Tillotson
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
      No sun - no moon!

      No morn - no noon -

      No dawn - no dusk - no proper time of day.

      No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease,

      No comfortable feel in any member -

      No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees,

      No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds! -

      No postings to uk_jugglers so far in... November!

      ----------

      Anyway, what I was going to ask was, did LP disgrace himself on
      TV on saturday with a hangover or not? I didn't wake up early
      enough, for pretty much similar reasons.

      See folks at London JC,

      __Mark T
    • lawrie shaw
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
        --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Tillotson <markt@c...> wrote:
        > Anyway, what I was going to ask was, did LP disgrace himself on
        > TV on saturday with a hangover or not? I didn't wake up early
        > enough, for pretty much similar reasons.

        I watched the programme (which was pretty good), the children on the
        voting panel, were very quick to spot talent, and voted for the man
        who did the chicken impression with a rubber glove on his head.

        For some reason they seemed to think that Paul's performance was
        rather boring, pointless, and unentertaining.

        Personally I thought you looked rather sweet Paul.

        hugs and commiserations,

        lawrie
      • Mark Tillotson
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
          lawrie shaw wrote:
          > --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Tillotson <markt@c...> wrote:
          >
          >>Anyway, what I was going to ask was, did LP disgrace himself on
          >>TV on saturday with a hangover or not? I didn't wake up early
          >>enough, for pretty much similar reasons.
          >

          > I watched the programme (which was pretty good), the children on the
          > voting panel, were very quick to spot talent, and voted for the man
          > who did the chicken impression with a rubber glove on his head.
          Hurrah!

          > For some reason they seemed to think that Paul's performance was
          > rather boring, pointless, and unentertaining.

          Thats a shame - thinking about it, most kids can fit through
          a tennis racket without difficulty, so perhaps they're the audience
          for a feat of smallness?
        • James Prior
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
            From: Mark Tillotson <markt@...>
            To: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com

            > Thats a shame - thinking about it, most kids can fit through
            > a tennis racket without difficulty, so perhaps they're the audience
            > for a feat of smallness?

            Despite whether it blew the kids away or not, for me the best bit was
            seing LP walk out that studio with a big grin on his face .. he loved
            every minute :)

            That's more important I think, that and actually getting yourself on a
            national terrestrial channel, than whether the kids liked it or not.
            That would have been a bonus of course, because he'd get to do it all
            again :)
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
              > Thats a shame - thinking about it, most kids can fit through
              > a tennis racket without difficulty

              yeh - you have to remember to take the strings out first though or they come
              out looking like pinapple chunks.

              --
              Glyn Hanton
              Loaded Dice Design and Media
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
                Or sheep

              • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                  --On 03 November 2003 19:07 +0000 James Prior <james.prior@...> wrote:

                  > Despite whether it blew the kids away or not, for me the best bit was
                  > seing LP walk out that studio with a big grin on his face .. he loved
                  > every minute :)

                  There's been a lot of talk about me being a failure having scored
                  less points than the self eating gingerbread man. I don't see it that
                  way.

                  I achieved my aims, my aims were to be on national TV and to meet Dominic
                  Wood. I achieved both those aims so I don't see that I "failed" or that
                  I was "humiliatingly defeated" by anyone because I wasn't out to win...

                  As the boyf said, I walked out of there grinning! I had done exactly
                  what I had set out to do, I had met Dominic Wood (And he's lovely :-)
                  and had my 15 seconds to boot. The reaction of the kids was not really
                  an issue for me. [1]

                  Anyone who wants to do better is free to stop calling me a failure
                  at any point they like and go and prove that they are bigger and better
                  than me. Go for it. I'll probably even watch. I wish you the best
                  of luck!

                  I will however remain smug when the final goes to air because
                  chicken man will be on it despite him having spent all morning going
                  on about how he's a "well respected standup comedian" and that kids
                  tv was "beneath him" ... that'll learn him.

                  -Paul
                  [1] Besides, the production team thought I was robbed ;-)
                • Pemberton, Brian
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003

                    Not 'round here there hasn't!

                    You sir, are a star - as anyone who's been to a juggling convention renegade
                    anywhere* can testify.
                    Well done for getting on the tele.
                    Glad you enjoyed it :o)

                    Brian

                    * OK, maybe not "anywhere", but lots of "where's" anyway...
                  • FAK
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                      Well, I thought you were great and have the DVD to prove it :)

                      --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, paul.seward@b... wrote:
                      > --On 03 November 2003 19:07 +0000 James Prior <james.prior@c...>
                      wrote:

                      > > Despite whether it blew the kids away or not, for me the best bit
                      was
                      > > seing LP walk out that studio with a big grin on his face .. he
                      loved
                      > > every minute :)
                      >
                      > There's been a lot of talk about me being a failure having scored
                      > less points than the self eating gingerbread man. I don't see it
                      that
                      > way.
                      >
                      > I achieved my aims, my aims were to be on national TV and to meet
                      Dominic
                      > Wood. I achieved both those aims so I don't see that I "failed" or
                      that
                      > I was "humiliatingly defeated" by anyone because I wasn't out to
                      win...

                      > As the boyf said, I walked out of there grinning! I had done exactly
                      > what I had set out to do, I had met Dominic Wood (And he's lovely :-
                      )
                      > and had my 15 seconds to boot. The reaction of the kids was not
                      really
                      > an issue for me. [1]
                      >
                      > Anyone who wants to do better is free to stop calling me a failure
                      > at any point they like and go and prove that they are bigger and
                      better
                      > than me. Go for it. I'll probably even watch. I wish you the best
                      > of luck!
                      >
                      > I will however remain smug when the final goes to air because
                      > chicken man will be on it despite him having spent all morning going
                      > on about how he's a "well respected standup comedian" and that kids
                      > tv was "beneath him" ... that'll learn him.
                      >
                      > -Paul
                      > [1] Besides, the production team thought I was robbed ;-)
                    • mike
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                        From: "Pemberton, Brian" <daily.grind@...>

                        > You sir, are a star - as anyone who's been to a juggling convention
                        renegade
                        > anywhere* can testify.
                        > Well done for getting on the tele.
                        > Glad you enjoyed it :o)

                        too right, especially with a hangover, i was trying to watch it with one and
                        that was hard enough
                        Well done LP, and right to throw down the challenge too, i'll not be taking
                        it up
                        Mike
                      • Danny Colyer
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                          LP wrote:
                          > I achieved my aims, my aims were to be on national TV and to meet
                          > Dominic Wood.

                          One of the presenters?

                          > I achieved both those aims so I don't see that I.....
                          > was "humiliatingly defeated" by anyone

                          That *was* written with tongue firmly in cheek, Paul.

                          Sometime I'll transfer the video footage to my TV juggling tape that I
                          haven't put anything on for years.

                          --
                          Danny Colyer ( danny@... )
                          http://www.juggler.net/danny
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                            Hiya paul

                            Its steve here from Birmingham, long time no see eh! Just thought Id
                            say hi send us an email or summut. You goin to the London convention on
                            Saturday?

                            Hope u r well and well dun for da telly fing

                            Stevethejuggler

                            > Despite whether it blew the kids away or not, for me the best bit was
                            > seing LP walk out that studio with a big grin on his face .. he loved
                            > every minute :)

                            There's been a lot of talk about me being a failure having scored
                            less points than the self eating gingerbread man. I don't see it that
                            way.

                            I achieved my aims, my aims were to be on national TV and to meet
                            Dominic
                            Wood. I achieved both those aims so I don't see that I "failed" or that
                            I was "humiliatingly defeated" by anyone because I wasn't out to win...

                            As the boyf said, I walked out of there grinning! I had done exactly
                            what I had set out to do, I had met Dominic Wood (And he's lovely :-)
                            and had my 15 seconds to boot. The reaction of the kids was not really
                            an issue for me. [1]

                            Anyone who wants to do better is free to stop calling me a failure
                            at any point they like and go and prove that they are bigger and better
                            than me. Go for it. I'll probably even watch. I wish you the best
                            of luck!

                            I will however remain smug when the final goes to air because
                            chicken man will be on it despite him having spent all morning going
                            on about how he's a "well respected standup comedian" and that kids
                            tv was "beneath him" ... that'll learn him.

                            -Paul
                            [1] Besides, the production team thought I was robbed ;-)

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                            063188:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/aut
                            oredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674=egroupweb&pos=HM>

                            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egrou
                            pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=170319878>

                          • Stuart Carter
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                              > Hiya paul
                              >
                              > Its steve here from Birmingham, long time no see eh! Just thought Id
                              > say hi send us an email or summut. You goin to the London convention on
                              > Saturday?
                              >
                              > Hope u r well and well dun for da telly fing
                              >
                              > Stevethejuggler

                              Hi Steve,

                              Yeah it's been ages. I might go to London... not sure yet.
                              I'm very well, except my nips hurt a little because of that bloody
                              tennis racket - must get a bigger one.

                              Best wishes,

                              Paul (maybe)

                              [Sorry... couldn't resist.]

                              Klark Teknik Group Limits of Liability and Disclaimer.
                              For full details please logon to www.klarkteknik.com/email_disclaimer

                              intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)
                            • tlmbvoid
                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                                --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart Carter" <stuart.carter@k...> wrote:

                                > Hi Steve,
                                >
                                > Yeah it's been ages. I might go to London... not sure yet.
                                > I'm very well, except my nips hurt a little because of that bloody
                                > tennis racket - must get a bigger one.
                                >
                                > Best wishes,
                                >
                                > Paul (maybe)
                                >

                                > [Sorry... couldn't resist.]

                                You having an identity crisis LP? Or can i call you Stuart?
                                You are Kolly Kibber and i claim my five pounds!!!

                                Void
                              • tlmbvoid
                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                                  --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart Carter" <stuart.carter@k...> wrote:

                                  > Best wishes,
                                  >
                                  > Paul (maybe)
                                  >

                                  > [Sorry... couldn't resist.]

                                  Ahhhh. Right. Okay. I'll just crawl off into a dark corner, shall i?......yes, i think that's
                                  probably best....
                                • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 6, 2003
                                    --On 06 November 2003 15:54 +0000 tlmbvoid <h@...> wrote:

                                    > Ahhhh. Right. Okay. I'll just crawl off into a dark corner, shall
                                    > i?......yes, i think that's probably best....

                                    You can't have that dark corner, it's mine...