Re: [uk_jugglers] Arrghh! Yahoo! Groups! is! so! fcuking! pants!

  • Richard Loxley
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2003
      Jay Linn wrote:

      > As a matter of fact, I do read UKJ using OE, but I post webside because Yahoo! won't accept my mail coming from a different location than my server (I post mail from Jay@..., which is the account I have told Yahoo! that I use, but I use my ISP account to actually fire the post off, because OE gets confused).

      I don't have any problems with this. Yahoo 'knows' me as
      juggle@..., but I post from my ISP (blueyonder.co.uk), which
      is completely different from my richardloxley.com server. In fact, I
      don't even post from juggle@..., I post from <somethingelse>@
      richardloxley.com, where <somethingelse> is my real address that I want to
      keep hidden. By registering both addresses with yahoo, it automatically
      mungles my address to the public one.

      So I suspect that it should be possible to do what you want, you just need
      to figure out how :-)

      > Anyhow, it's shite. That's my thesis.

      It's pretty powerful, but the interface certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

      - Richard
    • FAK
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2003
        --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, paul.seward@b... wrote:
        > --On 11 September 2003 08:49 +0000 Jay Linn <jay@j...> wrote:
        >
        > > <rant>
        >
        > Deep breaths, think about fields, think about tea and cake from the
        moving
        > finger, think about sitting in the tent at 4 am with a bottle of
        sherry
        > trying to work out the rules to an obscure boardgame that's aimed
        at 6
        > yearolds but in reality is ridiculously complex....

        Sherrrreeeeeeh!
      • Chocolate Jon
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 19, 2003
          In honour of TLAP day and for those of you who haven't seen it yet:
          http://www.puzzlepirates.com/

          Jon