Re: [uk_jugglers] Arrghh! Yahoo! Groups! is! so! fcuking! pants!

  • Jay Linn
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2003
      > Why the feck it posts in HTML, but makes it difficult to embed
      > anchors, I don't know.

      Erm, drop the web interface and read it through your email client. It's
      a lot more sociable! :-)
      As a matter of fact, I do read UKJ using OE, but I post webside because Yahoo! won't accept my mail coming from a different location than my server (I post mail from Jay@..., which is the account I have told Yahoo! that I use, but I use my ISP account to actually fire the post off, because OE gets confused).

      Anyhow, it's shite. That's my thesis.

      --
      Jay Linn

      Jay@...
      http://jay-linn.co.uk

    • Richard Loxley
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2003
        Jay Linn wrote:

        > As a matter of fact, I do read UKJ using OE, but I post webside because Yahoo! won't accept my mail coming from a different location than my server (I post mail from Jay@..., which is the account I have told Yahoo! that I use, but I use my ISP account to actually fire the post off, because OE gets confused).

        I don't have any problems with this. Yahoo 'knows' me as
        juggle@..., but I post from my ISP (blueyonder.co.uk), which
        is completely different from my richardloxley.com server. In fact, I
        don't even post from juggle@..., I post from <somethingelse>@
        richardloxley.com, where <somethingelse> is my real address that I want to
        keep hidden. By registering both addresses with yahoo, it automatically
        mungles my address to the public one.

        So I suspect that it should be possible to do what you want, you just need
        to figure out how :-)

        > Anyhow, it's shite. That's my thesis.

        It's pretty powerful, but the interface certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

        - Richard
      • FAK
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 11, 2003
          --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, paul.seward@b... wrote:
          > --On 11 September 2003 08:49 +0000 Jay Linn <jay@j...> wrote:
          >
          > > <rant>
          >
          > Deep breaths, think about fields, think about tea and cake from the
          moving
          > finger, think about sitting in the tent at 4 am with a bottle of
          sherry
          > trying to work out the rules to an obscure boardgame that's aimed
          at 6
          > yearolds but in reality is ridiculously complex....

          Sherrrreeeeeeh!
        • Chocolate Jon
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 19, 2003
            In honour of TLAP day and for those of you who haven't seen it yet:
            http://www.puzzlepirates.com/

            Jon