Re: [uk_jugglers] Less Jugging.......

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
      At 19:44 31/08/2003 +0000, arron_sparks wrote:

      >Another one of my good :) video spottings.......
      ><http://www.yo-yo.org/yama@18/2003DIAsummermp1.mpg>http://www.yo-yo.org/yama@18/2003DIAsummermp1.mpg
      >Happy viewing

      Geez, dude, this is 47Mb??? and hosted on a *very* slow server. Even on
      broadband it's gonna take me 45mins to download this, and I'm not sure I
      can be bothered.

      Thanks anyway, I'm sure it's very funny.

      Mark
    • guyheathcote
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
        > Geez, dude, this is 47Mb??? and hosted on a *very* slow server.
        Even on
        > broadband it's gonna take me 45mins to download this, and I'm not
        sure I can be bothered.

        Yep, it's a slow one. Not worth it unless you've got a free
        Broadband connection sitting doing nothing.

        > Thanks anyway, I'm sure it's very funny.

        Nope, it's not funny at all (IMHO). Just Japanese kids juggling and
        playing diabolos in a gym. They are pretty good, though. For those
        wondering whether to bother, diabolo highlights include:

        - 2 diabolo 'fan' done behind back and switching sides
        - 3 person synchronised 'fan' turnarounds
        - 3-up diabolo single pirouette
        - weird 2-strings-on-1-pair-of-sticks spinning move with 2
        diabolos. Looks quite like a poi or AA yo-yo trick.
        - diabolo-loop tricks that look a lot like offstring yo-yo moves.
        - a manic bout of stick waving that's impossible to tell what is
        (or isn't!) going on.
        - Some slack-string diabolo moves (again, borrowed from yo-yo)
        - 2 diabolos through a basketball net.

        In addition to this, there's a short clip of a kid juggling two
        clubs and a video camera - which he drops on the floor. Which I
        guess was vaguely funny, now I come to think of it...

        Guy