Crawley-How was it for you ?

  • Dave Law
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2003
      I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who attended the Crawley Festival at the weekend, praise and thanks always welcome :-) but constructive criticism, comments for improvements also welcome.

      Either through the group or direct to me on Dave@...

    • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 20, 2003
        --On 18 August 2003 22:35 +0100 Dave Law <dave@...> wrote:

        > I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who attended the Crawley Festival
        > at the weekend, praise and thanks always welcome :-) but constructive
        > criticism, comments for improvements also welcome.

        I had a stonking good time. Nice one to everyone who contributed to my
        weekend being rather pleasant (whether I realised that's what you were doing
        or not ;-)

        The show was good fun, I managed not to get *too* bored with all the
        ariel/acro stuff (have circus space had a special on nursery equipment
        or something?) And if anyone can explain to me how the stretchy fabric
        in the "tissue" act was being used I'd appreciate it, as to me it looked
        like every other silk act I've seen... I spent most of the act waiting
        for some visual trick which relied on stretchy material but didn't get
        any...)

        Although I think my favourite act in it was probably the compere. He's
        possibly the only person I've ever seen that has actually entertained me
        with 3 torches on a girraffe being supported by volunteers. Normally that
        routine makes me cringe.

        The games were good, nice to see real party games being played for a
        change.

        Atmosphere was even more laid back than I remember it, which was good. There
        were little pockets of nutcaseness about (the trolley being one example)
        it was never boring...

        It's a shame that renegade was a little on the quiet side (I'm sure there
        were more acts last time I was there...) but that aside it was a fun evening
        and it was nice to rediscover how much I enjoy guinness.

        my poor excuse for a set of photos are available at
        http://www.lpbk.net/photos/crawley_2003/
        for anyone bored enough to look. The panoramic thing that I tried almost
        worked, but I don't think the tripod was quite level enough.

        -Paul
      • Danny Colyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 20, 2003
          paul.seward@... wrote:
          > my poor excuse for a set of photos are available at
          > http://www.lpbk.net/photos/crawley_2003/
          > for anyone bored enough to look.

          Woohoo, a trolley picture.

          I've done mine now:
          http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/crawley03/crawley03.html

          The pictures of Carolyn juggling didn't come out too well, sorry Dave.

          I've got 3 more 20 second movies of the hopping gladiators, but the one I've
          uploaded is my favourite.

          --
          Danny Colyer ( danny@... )
          http://www.juggler.net/danny
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 20, 2003
            Nice photo but the AVI doesn't seem to be there!

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 21, 2003
              Dave Law wrote:
              > Nice photo but the AVI doesn't seem to be there!

              Oops, I typed a superfluous '1' in the link to the avi. Try it now.

            • Asrnewton@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 21, 2003
                Another great Crawley, can't wait for next years, sorry to see that the fairy
                had, had his wings clipped, but he still was able to supply the whole site of
                campers with toast.

                Alan Newton,(the orangejuggler)