Re: more on the subject of...

  • vintage_kitch
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2003
      --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, James Gibson <jgg@t...> wrote:
      > So, basically, if we can get rid of the poi and hang on to all the
      girlies
      > who come along, maybe teach them to pass (stand on a box or
      something -
      > F.T.F. seem to have the box idea sorted) then we wouldn't have a
      problem
      > anymore. If people still want to do Poi, maybe we could lock them
      all in
      > Slough with the Snakeboarders.

      There is a reason that the fit french girls took to the poi so
      quickly and in many numbers....it's because they work so well
      keeping a great distance from themselves and the grubby
      jugglers...much easier than a restraining order.
    • orangeSWog
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2003
        personally i've been doing Poi and Juggling -both infact since 1991

        i was the first to give the workshops in Poi at the British Juggling
        Convention ... (2002)
        i do Circus Skill Workshops within the community for free and in-schools /
        nightclubs around the world -paid work
        i'm not just about money :)

        Poi like Juggling increases balance awareness / spatial awareness and
        co-ordination
        maybe you should try it ...
        Girls love poi as they love fluidity -same as male \ poi'ers too i realise

        as someone said playing a presidential role in Mars Attacks ... 'Can't we
        all just get along?'
        looks stage left and right to check for flag/spear atacks
        exits stage left
        returns stage left
        exits stage right ...

        Rich Orange ...

        p.s. have you ever tried Snakeboarding? it's right hard!
        p.s..p.ssss have Snakeboarders ever tried Poi at the same time ? --- now
        there's something useful come from this thread!
        i do stilts with fire poi and fire staff and rollerskate fireshows
        i used to juggle upto the cheating 8ball juggle :) double multiplex

        thanks for the good energies i feel out there and the young voices talking
        crap -shut the yappin and get on with creative streaks yet to be mined -from
        within
        it's just 'possible friends' playing with toys like all children / older
        children do ...
        be nice or maybe you won't be invited to play with the friendly people

        anyone who knows me just a health update ...
        the Arthritis means still not playtime for me yet
        hoping to be able to use my hands wrists arms maybe next year
        (it's Reiter's syndrome / Re-Active Arthritis)
        i heard Glass (Drew) had fun teaching @ the BJC this year :) i hope to get
        to play with everyone @ the 2004 one :)
        -he's off at the European Juggling Convention now - doing illegal poi moves
        no-doubt :)

        hugs to almost all ...

        Swoopedoutandbackinagain
        Rich Orange ...xxx...
        ICQ 88999043
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/criticalorange/
        www.silverwidows.com
        orange@...
        fire.fire@...

        @ the moment i can't type much - so please be patient for replies :) ...

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2003
          Ye gods! It's hard enough keeping track of the nonsense that gets written
          here without folks taking nearly 3 years to reply to messages!!!
          ;-)