International Circus festival in Sweden

  • Mark Neale
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2002
      Well, here I am in Sweden, working away, and I had occasion to look at the local website, and this is what I found:

      http://195.84.83.45/turism/intradok/cirkusfestivalen_vaxer__infomaster__1034325794808.html

      It would appear that Circus Massimo are holding an "International Circus Festival" in February. One of the guys has translated the text for me, which I've included below. Actually I'm not expecting to be here until Feb next year, but I thought it was interesting. I admit I hadn't heard of circus Massimo - anyone actually seen them?

      ---------
      Next year, February 5-16, the international circus festival in Karlskrona will take place at the main square (Stortorget). It is larger than previous years with four show themes, several circus tents, and a large ice skating arena.

      The city of Karlskrona invests half a million SEK (£35.000). The money will be used for improved illumination of the square, special lighting for the buildings around the square, and the ice skating arena which will be open from January to March).

      The four show themes next year will be:
      - The Asian show. Everything from the impressive martial arts of the Shaolin monks to the
      magic of the famous Beijing Opera.
      - The comic show. Makes you laugh at the unpredictable, the bizarre, the surprising, and the absurd.
      - The classic circus show. No comments needed.
      - The contemporary show. The circus of the future.

      For tickets, call 0200-220202
      For group tickets, call 08-6670980

      For more information, go to http://www.circomassimo.com
      http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

      "Free price comparison tool gives you the best prices and cash back!"
      http://www.bestbuyfinder.com/download.htm