RE: [uk_jugglers] Yay! Bristol soon!

  • ian palmer
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 9, 2002
      Us molesey jugglers are sending Dave the Barsted as advanced scout on
      Friday,
      most of the rest will be there Saturday
      IP

      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 9, 2002
        > Time to pack the tent, sunglasses, wellies, warm clothes, cool clothes,
        > juggling kit, silly games, chocolate, booze, fire kit, torch, gazebo,
        > folding chairs, mobile charger, camera, address book....

        Is it just me, or do other peeps think we're due a wet one this year?

        Should be there Friday, complete with Black and White stripy marquee and maybe a few games. Juggling is an afterthought really.

        Bring cake! Great idea, esp as the cake in the Finger has got so damn expensive ...

        Only 4 days to go!

        Mark

        PS. If anyone spots a wardrobe again this year, can we have it please :-)
        http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
      • Richard Loxley
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 9, 2002
          Mark Neale wrote:

          > Is it just me, or do other peeps think we're due a wet one this year?

          It's certainly very wet in Bristol at the moment.

          > Should be there Friday, complete with Black and White stripy marquee
          > and maybe a few games. Juggling is an afterthought really.

          I think you said in Mostyn that you're not bringing a gazebo this
          year. Does anyone else have a gazebo they could bring this year
          to put over the game-playing coffee table?

          Or maybe I ought to trawl the DIY shops hoping to find a cheap
          one in light of the weather.

          - Richard
        • charlie@juggler.net
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 10, 2002

            I think the forecast last night was a bit more positive, saying it's going
            to clear up by the end of the week and get warmer - but as usual we'll bring
            clothes for both seasons! Anyway, the great thing is the weather will almost
            certainly change over 9 days....

            Charlie
          • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 10, 2002
              --On 09 September 2002 18:06 +0100 Mark Neale <mjneale@...> wrote:

              > Is it just me, or do other peeps think we're due a wet one this year?

              Well, it was pissing it down here in Bristol most of yesterday, but the
              sun is out and I can actually see blue bits of sky today so erm... it
              could go either way (and probably will)

              > Bring cake! Great idea, esp as the cake in the Finger has got so damn
              > expensive ...

              OK, will do. (I still owe Helen a cake anyway for letting me stay
              at her place in Edinburgh - so there may me multiple cake!)

              Cake is good.

              Second only to Pie.

              Cake is good. Pie is better.... Hmmmm..... Pie....

              > Only 4 days to go!

              w00t! Not that I'm excited/counting the days or anything...

              > PS. If anyone spots a wardrobe again this year, can we have it please :-)

              Only if I've got my furniture sorted by then

              -Paul
              www.lpbk.net - Still in shock from having just spent £180 on a pair of
              "reading" glasses...
            • Mark Neale
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 10, 2002
                'hard said, in an email on 9/9/2002:
                > I think you said in Mostyn that you're not bringing a gazebo this
                > year. Does anyone else have a gazebo they could bring this year
                > to put over the game-playing coffee table?

                Well, we *may* have a gazebo, but I'm not 100% on this yet.

                > Or maybe I ought to trawl the DIY shops hoping to find a cheap
                > one in light of the weather.

                If anyone's got a gazebo, or some sides, which they can lay their hands on then I'm certain we can find a use for them should they bring them along.

                Mark
                http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
              • Mark Neale
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 10, 2002
                  > > Bring cake! Great idea, esp as the cake in the Finger has got so damn
                  > > expensive ...
                  >
                  > OK, will do. (I still owe Helen a cake anyway for letting me stay
                  > at her place in Edinburgh - so there may me multiple cake!)

                  There will (I suspect) be regular visits to that nice little grocery shop on Thornbury high street who do excellent cake ...

                  > Cake is good.
                  >
                  > Second only to Pie.
                  >
                  > Cake is good. Pie is better.... Hmmmm..... Pie....

                  If anyone sees a large yellow coloured figure at Bristol this year, for God's sake, give them some pie.

                  > > Only 4 days to go!
                  >
                  > w00t! Not that I'm excited/counting the days or anything...

                  After all, it is the high point of the juggling calendar ...

                  > > PS. If anyone spots a wardrobe again this year, can we have it please :-)
                  >
                  > Only if I've got my furniture sorted by then

                  I bagsied it first

                  > -Paul
                  > www.lpbk.net - Still in shock from having just spent £180 on a pair of
                  > "reading" glasses...

                  -Mark (wishing he could think of a witty retort to this ...)
                  http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
                • mike_j_armstrong
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 10, 2002
                    --- In uk_jugglers@y..., Richard Loxley <juggle@r...> wrote:
                    > Does anyone else have a gazebo they could bring this year
                    > to put over the game-playing coffee table?

                    Speaking of which my Bag o' Games (tm) won't fit everything that I
                    want to bring - I could make some space by not bringing my copy of
                    Ricochet Robots - is anyone else bringing it?
                    -Mike
                  • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 10, 2002
                      --On 10 September 2002 13:18 +0100 Mark Neale <mjneale@...> wrote:

                      >> OK, will do. (I still owe Helen a cake anyway for letting me stay
                      >> at her place in Edinburgh - so there may me multiple cake!)
                      >
                      > There will (I suspect) be regular visits to that nice little grocery shop
                      > on Thornbury high street who do excellent cake ...

                      Now there's an idea. I'd almost forgotten that one!

                      > If anyone sees a large yellow coloured figure at Bristol this year, for
                      > God's sake, give them some pie.

                      Well, now that ewans nolonger eating them all, I think there may be some
                      left over :-)

                      > After all, it is the high point of the juggling calendar ...

                      After all, it is my summer holiday! Yay!

                      >> www.lpbk.net - Still in shock from having just spent #180 on a pair of
                      >> "reading" glasses...
                      >
                      > -Mark (wishing he could think of a witty retort to this ...)

                      -Paul
                      www.lpbk.net - wishing this was www.b3ta.com/board so he'd have an
                      excuse to include a picture of an amusing piece of laboritory equipment
                    • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 10, 2002
                        --On 10 September 2002 13:40 +0100 paul.seward@... wrote:

                        > www.lpbk.net - wishing this was www.b3ta.com/board so he'd have an
                        > excuse to include a picture of an amusing piece of laboritory equipment

                        I think the term is "Addict"

                        http://www.b3ta.com/board/3/2/2/2/8/3

                        -Paul
                        www.lpbk.net - no potatos to chop, pretty much out of hummus...
                      • Mark Neale
                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 10, 2002
                          > Speaking of which my Bag o' Games (tm) won't fit everything that I
                          > want to bring - I could make some space by not bringing my copy of
                          > Ricochet Robots - is anyone else bringing it?

                          I think mine is still in the back of the car, and I probably won't be taking it out, so yes.

                          Mark
                          http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
                        • Chocolate Jon
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 10, 2002
                            > > Speaking of which my Bag o' Games (tm) won't fit everything that I
                            > > want to bring - I could make some space by not bringing my copy of
                            > > Ricochet Robots - is anyone else bringing it?
                            >
                            > I think mine is still in the back of the car, and I probably won't be
                            > taking it out, so yes.

                            Mine is very likely to be coming along. If I forget it (Heaven forbid),
                            it's not far for me to go to collect it.
                            Are there any other requests? I have a few new games which I will be
                            bringing but does anyone want anything in particular?
                            So far, my list includes:
                            Ricochet Robots,
                            Poker chips (possibly)
                            Tantrix
                            Safari (sequel to Rush Hour)
                            The Great Brain Robbery
                            Abalone
                            Some cards
                            Any other requests

                            See y'all soon,
                            Chocolate Jon
                          • charlie@juggler.net
                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 11, 2002

                              Chocolate, surely?????

                              Charlie

                              > See y'all soon,
                              > Chocolate Jon

                            • Mark Tillotson
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 11, 2002
                                Mark Neale wrote:
                                >>Speaking of which my Bag o' Games (tm) won't fit everything that I
                                >>want to bring - I could make some space by not bringing my copy of
                                >>Ricochet Robots - is anyone else bringing it?
                                >

                                > I think mine is still in the back of the car, and I probably won't be taking it out, so yes.
                                >
                                > Mark

                                Well I'd like to bring mine too, but not sure I'll be there
                                till the second weekend, car problems (you'd think a four cylinder
                                engine wouldn't mind losing one cylinder too much, but no...)

                                I'd also like to bring my small battery powered scalectrix-clone!

                                __Mark Tillotson
                              • Chocolate Jon
                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 11, 2002
                                  > > Are there any other requests? I have a few new games which I will be
                                  > > bringing but does anyone want anything in particular?
                                  > > So far, my list includes:
                                  > > Ricochet Robots,
                                  > > Poker chips (possibly)
                                  > > Tantrix
                                  > > Safari (sequel to Rush Hour)
                                  > > The Great Brain Robbery
                                  > > Abalone
                                  > > Some cards
                                  > > Any other requests
                                  >
                                  > Chocolate, surely?????

                                  I thought that would go without saying but I was wondering what *games*
                                  people might want me to bring rather than just stuff in general. :-P
                                  Jon
                                • paul.seward@bristol.ac.uk
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 11, 2002
                                    --On 11 September 2002 15:11 +0100 Chocolate Jon
                                    <chocojon@...> wrote:

                                    >> Chocolate, surely?????
                                    >
                                    > I thought that would go without saying but I was wondering what *games*
                                    > people might want me to bring rather than just stuff in general. :-P

                                    Bring a tent!

                                    -Paul
                                    www.lpbk.net - neither big nor clever
                                  • Mark Tillotson
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 11, 2002
                                      Chocolate Jon wrote:
                                      >>>Are there any other requests? I have a few new games which I will be
                                      >>>bringing but does anyone want anything in particular?
                                      >>>So far, my list includes:
                                      >>>Ricochet Robots,
                                      >>>Poker chips (possibly)
                                      >>>Tantrix
                                      >>>Safari (sequel to Rush Hour)
                                      >>>The Great Brain Robbery
                                      >>>Abalone
                                      >>>Some cards
                                      >>>Any other requests
                                      >>
                                      >>Chocolate, surely?????
                                      >

                                      > I thought that would go without saying but I was wondering what *games*
                                      > people might want me to bring rather than just stuff in general. :-P
                                      > Jon

                                      Well chocolate has a host of uses for games, as poker chips, crude
                                      ad-hoc dice, misshapen chessmen, the curious and little understood
                                      brown robot...

                                      Actually does anyone have Twister? I'm sure that'd be popular.
                                      And do they do extension packs for Twister...

                                      __Mark T
                                    • Chocolate Jon
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 11, 2002

                                        > >>Chocolate, surely?????
                                        > >
                                        > > I thought that would go without saying but I was wondering what
                                        *games*
                                        > > people might want me to bring rather than just stuff in general. :-P
                                        > > Jon
                                        >
                                        > Well chocolate has a host of uses for games, as poker chips, crude
                                        > ad-hoc dice, misshapen chessmen, the curious and little understood
                                        > brown robot...

                                        Uses: yes, yes but you will eat into the profits (or I will), maybe not,
                                        possibly but somewhat identical, brown robot - now there's a thought...
                                        do we get to eat the robot if we solve it in the least moves?

                                        > Actually does anyone have Twister? I'm sure that'd be popular.
                                        > And do they do extension packs for Twister...

                                        I shall add twister to the list. (I have a set, in case it wasn't
                                        clear.)
                                        Extension packs? Is this for a larger board or for the adult, baby-oil
                                        version?
                                        He he he.

                                        Jon
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 11, 2002
                                          In your last message, you said:

                                          > And do they do extension packs for Twister...
                                          Yea, but it involves some fairly radical plastic surgery...

                                          N.
                                        • Barnes, Dave
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 12, 2002

                                            Yes, there is. I remember using it last year.

                                            Dave
                                          • ian palmer
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Sep 12, 2002
                                              Hi all,

                                              Can any Bristol regulars recall is there power (13amp) in the 2nd
                                              (relatively unused) big top?

                                              Reason for asking ...unfortunately I've got to do some work middle next week
                                              and i either face a 240 mile round trip home or admit defeat & bring a
                                              laptop ( hense need for power battery life being poor)

                                              A power point in the cafe would be best but i'd never get any work done &
                                              drink much too much coffee ( & eat dear cake)

                                              Ian

                                              http://uk.my.yahoo.com
                                            • Ali Close
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Sep 13, 2002

                                                > Can any Bristol regulars recall is there power (13amp) in the 2nd
                                                > (relatively unused) big top?

                                                From memory, there is power in there - I seem to remember Kate using it for
                                                her video camera last year.

                                                > Reason for asking ...unfortunately I've got to do some work middle next
                                                week
                                                > and i either face a 240 mile round trip home or admit defeat & bring a
                                                > laptop ( hense need for power battery life being poor)

                                                We promise not to disturb you - - - -MUCH!!

                                                > A power point in the cafe would be best but i'd never get any work done &
                                                > drink much too much coffee ( & eat dear cake)

                                                It would make for an interesting report though - the pros and cons of
                                                chocolate cake over coconut?????

                                                See you there - actually, I too have to do a little work, so may want to
                                                speak nicely to you to borrow said laptop!!!!!!!

                                                Cheers
                                                Ali