[uk_jugglers] Re: Jesters Online Store

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 14, 1999
      Mini Mansell told us:

      Jesters, One of the longest established juggling retailers in the Uk
      now has an online store.

      http://come.to/jesters

      but when I looked it appeared to be a blank page. :-( ?

      Take care,
      Nick.
    • jesters
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 15, 1999
        Nick,

        I am sure that Mini will get back to you on this one - I can't understand
        why - Mini has been working really hard on the site. I don't have any
        problems but I'm in the office at Jesters and it is everyone else who needs
        to be able to find the site.
        Once you do find it please bear in mind that it is going through significant
        changes daily as it gets sorted properly - your comments would still be
        appreciated.

        Is this the first On Line Juggling Store
        World-wide?...............................

        Cheers,
        Jak
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 15, 1999
          ->but when I looked it appeared to be a blank page. :-( ?
          ->
          ->Take care,
          ->Nick.

          Hmmm

          what browser you using Nick and what Version?

          Mini Mansell , Long life, Good sex and Prosperity.

          http://www.minimansell.com

          Listings for British clubs http://go.to/bclubs
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 15, 1999
            At 5:19 pm +0000 15/11/99, mini wrote:

            Guys (and Gals for those that don't consider 'guys' to be a generic term),
            In the interests of the gods of juggling relatedness, can we avoid
            posts like "what browser you using Nick and what Version?". I think this
            could reasonably have been done in email.

            Erm, now that I've publicaly embarrassed myself (oh no, not again) by
            making my first post to this group a winge (sorry!), maybe I should post
            something vaguely juggling related, so maybe I could ask some juggling
            related questions, like "What were the mysterious circumstances that led up
            to the Hatfield, Welwyn, and St Albans Jesters shops all closing down
            (leaving signs in the windows saying something like "shop closed for
            refurbishment"). ? "

            RE Jaks' previous question, Beard have been on line for a while now
            http://www.eclipse.co.uk/pens/beard/ , and there's a few more listed from
            http://www.juggling.org/mall/

            --
            Descartes thought an animal,
            That couldn't talk, Glyn Hanton

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 16, 1999
                Glyn,
                Two points in relation to your comment
                First. In relation to the Jesters On Line Store - The implication here is
                that of e-commerce. You can actually place orders as you browse the site!
                Much more to it than just a web site.

                so far as the stores are concerned I'm not sure exactly what happened there
                but I was aware of certain personal problems getting in the way of business.
                I have always been a little concerned because many people thought they were
                connected to us - hardly surprising given their name - BUT one worry is that
                many people by association think that we have gone out of business too. That
                is definitely NOT the case.

                Happy Juggling,
                Jak (at Jesters)