Re: [uk_jugglers] Re: BJC - what do *you* want?

  • John Kennett
    Message 1 of 92 , Dec 5, 2001
      At 11:29 05/12/01 +0000, colin_eberhardt wrote:
      >I hope the BJC preparations are going OK - here are my answers to
      >your quiz...

      Ta!

      >Should we charge more and pay people to do things? ... It all depends
      >on what sort of things you have in mind - is there anything in the
      >pipeline?
      >For example, I thought the Gatto masterclass at the BJC2K was great
      >and I was willing to pay extra to participate.

      I didn't really have anything in mind -- I just wanted some questions to
      get a bit of discussion going. I *hadn't* thought about master classes
      though, but it is a possibility.

      >Do you want to take part in the parade? ... Not really.

      It's clear that there is no point pretending that everyone likes the
      parade. Sometimes there is a three line whip due to a funding deal with the
      local council which is fair enough (although perhaps more could be made of
      this than has been in the past). In our case that's unlikely, so an
      alternative for non paraders is on the cards. Well, on the beach actually . . .

      >What games do you want to play? ... the usual ones are OK, silly ones
      >if you have a good compere - but don't leave out the old classics (5b
      >endurance etc.) How about a volleyclub?

      Do we have enough time for five ball endurance these days? It seems like it
      might go on forever sometimes! Not that I am in any way jealous, you
      understand.

      Volleyclub looks like being a big part of the Saturday afternoon as I have
      already staked a claim on the beach volley court (court? pitch? beach?) on
      the seafront next to the provisionally agreed site for the games.

      Should we have a serious tournament, or play for laughs? Or beers?

      >Will you do a Renegade act? ... yes.

      Thank you.

      >Will you run a workshop? ... I guess so.

      Thank you again!

      >Is there a regular convention item that you hate? ... the hangovers

      Hmmm. Don't stop drinking?

      >For me the
      >most important factor is having a top-notch juggling space.

      Sounds reasonable. How would you define "a top-notch juggling space"?

      John
    • Paul Seward
      Message 92 of 92 , Jan 7, 2002
        >>> mini@... 01/03/02 05:17pm >>>
        >
        >i am looking for a floor to sleep on for the blackpool Magic
        >convention.

        Can I just add a "Me too" to that?

        -Paul
        www.lpbk.net - caption competition prize to be announced iminently