Re: [uk_jugglers] Reminder - Scottish Juggling festival

  • James Soper
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2001
      Hello

      Sorry to reply to this in the public forum but I can deal with this and
      all the other stuff which has come through at the one time.

      Sorry, there is NO Scottish planned for this year. I don't know what
      Mini was up to when this message was created but it is a mistake. No
      harm done, however.

      Dear Ewano

      "Get is sorted next year... Yet again I'd like to remind you...". Please
      don't be so rude. I'm sure Bristol is a great convention but it is not
      everyone's cup of tea and it is not possible for everyone to attend. And
      there are more reasons as to the planning of a convention's dates than
      when bloody Bristol is going to be.

      Perhaps you were trying to be funny. Better luck next time.

      James

      On Wednesday, August 22, 2001, at 05:02 am, Ewano wrote:

      > Yet again I'd like to remind you that you have clashed with Bristol
      > juggling
      > convention.
      >
      > Get it sorted for next year please...
      >
      > Ewano - really wishing that he could get to the Scottish sometime but
      > not at
      > the expense of the first weekend of Bristol.

    • Ewano
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2001
        > Hello

        Hi James.. (note upbeat response even though I've read this already..)

        > Sorry to reply to this in the public forum but I can deal with this and
        > all the other stuff which has come through at the one time.

        I'm assuming you mean can't rather than can - it makes a lot more sense that
        way.

        > Sorry, there is NO Scottish planned for this year. I don't know what
        > Mini was up to when this message was created but it is a mistake. No
        > harm done, however.

        With you so far, not a problem cause I couldn't have gone anyway (note
        couldn't not wouldn't)

        > Dear Ewano

        Starring role - Hollywood's just round the corner..

        > "Get is sorted next year... Yet again I'd like to remind you...". Please
        > don't be so rude.

        I'm not..

        > I'm sure Bristol is a great convention but it is not
        > everyone's cup of tea.

        It's mine though.

        > and it is not possible for everyone to attend.

        Yes, but it is possible for me to attend.

        > And
        > there are more reasons as to the planning of a convention's

        Here we are of course talking about the Scottish convention - which I can
        also attend.

        > dates than
        > when bloody Bristol is going to be.

        Not as far as I know. Perhaps you could inform me of them so I know better
        in the future..

        > Perhaps you were trying to be funny. Better luck next time.

        Nope, I was making a complaint about the dates and trying to do it in an
        inoffensive way that would hopefully duffuse any tension. I think you'll
        find that it's very difficult to complain about things in a way that the
        people responsible them will not find offensive. Looks like I failed.

        I want to go to both and the dates make it impossible (alright - a pain in
        the arse) for me. I'm not going to sit on my arse and do nothing about it
        though. If the dates can be changed then do it if not then tell me why,
        don't just tell me to "sod off back to my convention in a hole in the ground
        in the south".

        > James

        Ewano - just glad that I managed to work out my tension in the 300 word
        relpy I originally wrote but then decided not to send.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2001
          Hi Mate

          Public apology from me for the flame. Thanks for explaining yourself.

          James x
        • Ewano
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2001
            It's cool, you going to be at Bristol now that you're down south?

            Ewano.