Scottish Convention news

  • James Soper
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2001
      Hello Everyone

      Sorry to tell you this but there will be NO Scottish Juggling Convention
      in Ayr this year.

      I am, as I'm sure you all are as well, gutted. There were just too many
      problems to overcome but I am hopeful for next year...

      Essentially, the problems were about money and dates. Negotiations are
      already progressing for 2002 and hopefully I will have news either way
      by the British Juggling Convention in 2002.

      The email address
      info@...
      and the web site
      www.scottishjugglingconvention.co.uk
      are still up and running and may be checked for further info. Don't
      expect anything until next year, however.

      It's great to hear people had a good time last year. Thanks for your
      support.

      James
    • James Soper
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2001
        Hello Everyone

        I have some bad news...

        There will be NO Scottish Juggling Convention this year, but I am
        hopeful for 2002.

        It would be great to have the convention at the same location but with
        camping more local. The pig will stay but the flumes in the pool will
        have gone. And this time we will ensure a kicking public show.

        If you came last time and would like to come again please email me and
        let me know. If you couldn't make it last time whatever the reason (and
        having no petrol was quite a good reason...) but would be interested in
        coming in the future then let me know too.

        This is only partly for my ego but mostly as a tool to engage the local
        council. Honest.

        Thanks to all those who came last time, here's to doing it again in 2002.

        James

        On Tuesday, July 3, 2001, at 12:49 pm, Duncan Hoyle wrote:

        > Last year's was great (especially the roast pig followed by sitting
        > drinking round a fire on the beach)
        >
        > At the time James said he would like to run it again at the same
        > venue but has anyone heard anything since?
        >
        > Duncan
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • jesters
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2001
          James,

          Sorry to hear that.

          Cheers,

          Jak

          >Sorry to tell you this but there will be NO Scottish Juggling Convention
          >in Ayr this year.
          >
          >I am, as I'm sure you all are as well, gutted. There were just too many
          >problems to overcome but I am hopeful for next year...
          >
          >Essentially, the problems were about money and dates. Negotiations are
          >already progressing for 2002 and hopefully I will have news either way
          >by the British Juggling Convention in 2002.
          >
          >The email address
          >info@...
          >and the web site
          >www.scottishjugglingconvention.co.uk
          >are still up and running and may be checked for further info. Don't
          >expect anything until next year, however.
          >
          >It's great to hear people had a good time last year. Thanks for your
          >support.
          >
          >James

        • jesters
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 10, 2001
            James,

            Could have put this on the last message. Yes, I'm up for it, you can count
            on Jesters,

            Jak