Re: JugglingDb Suggestion

  • Andy Parry
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2001
      --- In uk_jugglers@y..., "Barnes, Dave" <dave.barnes@n...> wrote:

> [...]
      Oppsee "shouldn't"
    • Colin Eberhardt
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2001
        Andy,

        And finally,
        > Just another thought...
        > You can tell I'm not very motivated at work today. :-)
        >
        > How about a trick library. I know there is the movie database
        > but just a list of tricks a short definiation and maybe the
        > pre-requsits for the trick and the 'Leads on to'
        [..snip..]

        I have planned for the (probably distant) future a reworking of my
        old 'Trick of the Week' (a slight misnoma) into the IJDb:

        http://members.tripod.com/Colin_E/

        With lots more tricks, videos, interactivety etc...

        Regards,
        Colin E.
        The Internet Juggling Database (IJDb)
        http://www.jugglingdb.com
      • Paul Seward
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 12, 2001
          >>> andy@... 07/06/01 03:54pm >>>
          >How about a trick library. I know there is the movie database
          >but just a list of tricks a short definiation and maybe the
          >pre-requsits for the trick and the 'Leads on to'
          >
          >Eg
          >
          >3 Ball Mills Mess
          >Landmark trick where the juggles hands cross over and under each
          >other in a smooth elligant rhythm *cough*
          >
          >Pre requistis:
          >Windmill/Spiral
          >Crossed arm cascade (maybe not a pre-requsit, but if definatly helps
          >with the 'U' pass)

          Interesting... I can do 3 ball mills, but not any of the pre-requisits you
          mention.

          Does that make me a freak?

          -Paul
          www.sheepdot.org - not mine, but still mighty fine!
        • Paul Seward
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 12, 2001

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 12, 2001
              --- In uk_jugglers@y..., "Paul Seward" <Paul.Seward@c...> wrote:
              > >How about a trick library. I know there is the movie database
              >>Yadda, yadda, yadda
              > >with the 'U' pass)
              >

              > Interesting... I can do 3 ball mills, but not any of the pre-
              requisits you
              > mention.
              >
              > Does that make me a freak?

              Why, yes you are indeed a freak.

              > -Paul
              > www.sheepdot.org - not mine, but still mighty fine!

              Also.
              Thanks to the Void for backing me up on Rec.Juggling about fuel for
              torches.
              Bloody yanks using pertol...I would normally just let them set them
              selves on fire and toast some marshmellows on their flaming bodies
              for being so stupid. But they could injure spectating UK
              tourists.... :-)
            • ste3void@juggler.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 13, 2001
                > Also.
                > Thanks to the Void for backing me up on Rec.Juggling about fuel for
                > torches.
                > Bloody yanks using pertol...I would normally just let them set them
                > selves on fire and toast some marshmellows on their flaming bodies
                > for being so stupid. But they could injure spectating UK
                > tourists.... :-)

                DMI.
                Incidently, why is everyone posting twice?

                And more interrestingly, why is everyone posting twice.

                Ah, humour, i remember it well...

                Ste3void; worried about doing 2 balloon modelling gigs in a week,
                what's becoming of me?