Re: [uk_jugglers] WJD

    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
      The other day ( well, 3/4/01 9:10 am actually..), you said...

      > I'd possibly be interested in a T shirt, but I have a feeling it would be
      > pink.

      What?, there's something wrong with pink?

      N.
    • Roger Davies
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
        The bar-b-que people say..... yes! It might even make it to the
        European.... :-)

        Roger

        The UK's Unicycle Source
        http://www.unicycle.uk.com/
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
          I am soo stuck in on this damn computer, doing a shite college assignment all day... it's nice and sunny out there today and I soooo want to go play with some fire!

          But still... I have my mobile fone telling me when e-mails fly through from u lot, so I guess that'll hav to do for my juggling intake today...

          Jay

          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
            > umbrellas sound like fun... and NO juggling gear...

            I'm sure you could juggle umbrellas. couldn't you?

            Rachel.

            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
              welll... i would give it a bloody good go if nothing else was around :)

              I had a go at "soft ball" base marker type things when I was at schol a few years back in a dodgy PE lesson... *hivers* at memory.

              --------------------
            • jay.davis@talk21.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                *hivers* would be *shivers*.... hmm its all this typing this morning :(
                > > umbrellas sound like fun... and NO juggling gear...
                >
                >I'm sure you could juggle umbrellas. couldn't you?
                >
                >Rachel.

                --------------------
              • Roger Davies
                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                  I can't

                  The UK's Unicycle Source
                  http://www.unicycle.uk.com/
                  > > umbrellas sound like fun... and NO juggling gear...
                  >
                  > I'm sure you could juggle umbrellas. couldn't you?
                  >
                  > Rachel.

                • Paul Seward
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                    Honestly, some people have the *wrong* idea about
                    WAD... <grin>

                    I for one will not be juggling this year at WAD, and
                    if I do, someone please slap me...

                    -Paul
                    The Little Paul who will be bringing a tent, a sleeping
                    bag, a change of clothes and very little else.

                    >>> jay.davis@... 04/03/01 11:00 AM >>>
                    welll... i would give it a bloody good go if nothing else was around :)

                    I had a go at "soft ball" base marker type things when I was at schol a few years back in a dodgy PE lesson... *hivers* at memory.

                    > > umbrellas sound like fun... and NO juggling gear...
                    >
                    >I'm sure you could juggle umbrellas. couldn't you?
                    >
                    >Rachel.

                  • James Gibson
                    Message 9 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                      If "Umbrellas" sounded like "fun" I think lots of people would get very
                      confused when leaving the house on a rainy day. Personally I don't like
                      umbrellas, and if they sounded like fun, I'd be really annoyed.

                      In fact, I think it's a credit to the language that someone managed to get
                      the two words to sound so completely different!

                      Jaims
                    • Rachel E Dugdale
                      Message 10 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                        > I can't

                        Well, me neither, but then I can't juggle clubs yet. But those
                        little half-size umbrellas should be pretty jugglable.

                        Rachel.

                        Message 11 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                          Rachel...

                          not clubs.?.??

                          u don't know what u r missing.

                          no, honestly(!)

                          > > I can't
                          >
                          >Well, me neither, but then I can't juggle clubs yet. But those
                          >little half-size umbrellas should be pretty jugglable.
                          >
                          >Rachel.

                          --------------------
                        • Lee Gilbert
                          Message 12 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                            I remember a workshop at Leeds EJC with the Chinese doing something with
                            balls and umbrellas, they made the spinning balls run round the edge of the
                            umbrellas, very clever these Chinese! Didn't bother trying it myself.
                            It is a lovely day here in Yorkshire

                            Lee
                            > If "Umbrellas" sounded like "fun" I think lots of people would get very
                            > confused when leaving the house on a rainy day. Personally I don't like
                            > umbrellas, and if they sounded like fun, I'd be really annoyed.
                            >
                            > In fact, I think it's a credit to the language that someone managed to get
                            > the two words to sound so completely different!
                            >
                            > Jaims

                          • Rachel E Dugdale
                            Message 13 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                              > not clubs.?.??
                              >
                              > u don't know what u r missing.
                              >
                              > no, honestly(!)

                              I've *got* some. I'm just having trouble getting them up in the
                              air - I can't throw properly if I'm holding a second one in that
                              hand. Small hands. But i'm working on it. I have only had
                              them for a couple of months.

                              Rachel.

                            • Mark Neale
                              Message 14 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                                If you can't throw with two in one hand try some of these:

                                - re-arrange the way you hold the clubs. Keep trying until you find
                                something that's comfortable.
                                - try sticking one under your arm or between your legs and grabbing it after
                                the first throw
                                - get an assistant to throw you the third club. Need someone who can throw
                                it properly and can teach you how to catch like it's a pass.

                              • jay.davis@talk21.com
                                Message 15 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                                  TIP: erm get bigger hands??

                                  I hear NHS do hand replacement type things for incapable jugglers these days...

                                  possibly.

                                  --------------------
                                • jay.davis@talk21.com
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Apr 4, 2001
                                    only out by a few days!!

                                    sorry :)

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Apr 4, 2001
                                      > I hear NHS do hand replacement type things for incapable
                                      > jugglers these days...

                                      April fools' day was Sunday...

                                      Rach.

                                    • jesters
                                      Message 18 of 28 , May 31, 2001
                                        Sorry this is a late reply to Robs Email but I have been at our Lake
                                        District Branch - away from the office technology - trying to keep the
                                        business afloat amist all the F & M related problems.

                                        I can tell you that things are getting better daily. Tarn Haus was opened
                                        last week along with a few other lesser known ones AND announcements have
                                        already been made that Helvelyn, Langdale Pikes and a series of well known
                                        and popular fells will be opened on the 9th June (subject to no major set
                                        backs)

                                        Cheers,

                                        Jak
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jun 11, 2001
                                          Weather? It's going to dump it down all weekend, but there's always pubs,
                                          and a few of us will be going climbing, regardless of the weather (Rob - you
                                          up for it?) Though to be honest, I don't remember there being a vast amount
                                          of juggling last year - admittedly I was only there for a few hours, but I
                                          seem to remember a lot of sitting around drinking.

                                          Which is nice.

                                        • mini
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jun 11, 2001
                                            hopefully it wont rain. it did niot at all last year although the
                                            year before it pissed down constantly..

                                            we do though have 6m * 6m of shelter this year so thats plenty i
                                            hope..

                                            On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:57:52 +0100, you wrote:

                                            ->Weather? It's going to dump it down all weekend, but there's always
                                            pubs,
                                            ->and a few of us will be going climbing, regardless of the weather
                                            (Rob - you
                                            ->up for it?) Though to be honest, I don't remember there being a vast
                                            amount
                                            ->of juggling last year - admittedly I was only there for a few hours,
                                            but I
                                            ->seem to remember a lot of sitting around drinking.
                                            ->
                                            ->Which is nice.
                                            ->
                                            ->
                                            ->_________________________________________________________________________
                                            ->Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at
                                            http://www.hotmail.com
                                            ->
                                            ->
                                            ->
                                            ->
                                            ->Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                            ->

                                            My Homepage
                                            www.minimansell.com