Re: [uk_jugglers] WJD

  • Paul Seward
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
      >>> leegilbert@... 04/03/01 09:51 AM >>>
      >
      >What's the chance of this weekend going ahead?

      Good point... Unlike cardif (where I am asssured there
      are almost no sheep) is the whole FnM thing likely to
      be an issue?

      >Agree with you, it was the most relaxed weekend of
      >last year.

      It was nice wasnt it...

      >now we have got two! One each! Both are being
      >strictly trained to ignore all juggling gear. Honest.

      What about kites? (Oh the fun we had with that one...)

      -Paul
      The Little Paul who is in favour of a WJD t-shirt, but
      only if he can get an extra small one, and as long as
      it doesnt mention juggling too much... Oh, and no
      white t-shirts please...
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
        The other day ( well, 3/4/01 9:10 am actually..), you said...

        > I'd possibly be interested in a T shirt, but I have a feeling it would be
        > pink.

        What?, there's something wrong with pink?

        N.
      • Roger Davies
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
          The bar-b-que people say..... yes! It might even make it to the
          European.... :-)

          Roger

          The UK's Unicycle Source
          http://www.unicycle.uk.com/
          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
            I am soo stuck in on this damn computer, doing a shite college assignment all day... it's nice and sunny out there today and I soooo want to go play with some fire!

            But still... I have my mobile fone telling me when e-mails fly through from u lot, so I guess that'll hav to do for my juggling intake today...

            Jay

            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
              > umbrellas sound like fun... and NO juggling gear...

              I'm sure you could juggle umbrellas. couldn't you?

              Rachel.

              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                welll... i would give it a bloody good go if nothing else was around :)

                I had a go at "soft ball" base marker type things when I was at schol a few years back in a dodgy PE lesson... *hivers* at memory.

                --------------------
              • jay.davis@talk21.com
                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                  *hivers* would be *shivers*.... hmm its all this typing this morning :(
                  > > umbrellas sound like fun... and NO juggling gear...
                  >
                  >I'm sure you could juggle umbrellas. couldn't you?
                  >
                  >Rachel.

                  --------------------
                • Roger Davies
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                    I can't

                    The UK's Unicycle Source
                    http://www.unicycle.uk.com/
                    > > umbrellas sound like fun... and NO juggling gear...
                    >
                    > I'm sure you could juggle umbrellas. couldn't you?
                    >
                    > Rachel.

                  • Paul Seward
                    Message 9 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                      Honestly, some people have the *wrong* idea about
                      WAD... <grin>

                      I for one will not be juggling this year at WAD, and
                      if I do, someone please slap me...

                      -Paul
                      The Little Paul who will be bringing a tent, a sleeping
                      bag, a change of clothes and very little else.

                      >>> jay.davis@... 04/03/01 11:00 AM >>>
                      welll... i would give it a bloody good go if nothing else was around :)

                      I had a go at "soft ball" base marker type things when I was at schol a few years back in a dodgy PE lesson... *hivers* at memory.

                      > > umbrellas sound like fun... and NO juggling gear...
                      >
                      >I'm sure you could juggle umbrellas. couldn't you?
                      >
                      >Rachel.

                    • James Gibson
                      Message 10 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                        If "Umbrellas" sounded like "fun" I think lots of people would get very
                        confused when leaving the house on a rainy day. Personally I don't like
                        umbrellas, and if they sounded like fun, I'd be really annoyed.

                        In fact, I think it's a credit to the language that someone managed to get
                        the two words to sound so completely different!

                        Jaims
                      • Rachel E Dugdale
                        Message 11 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                          > I can't

                          Well, me neither, but then I can't juggle clubs yet. But those
                          little half-size umbrellas should be pretty jugglable.

                          Rachel.

                          Message 12 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                            Rachel...

                            not clubs.?.??

                            u don't know what u r missing.

                            no, honestly(!)

                            > > I can't
                            >
                            >Well, me neither, but then I can't juggle clubs yet. But those
                            >little half-size umbrellas should be pretty jugglable.
                            >
                            >Rachel.

                            --------------------
                          • Lee Gilbert
                            Message 13 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                              I remember a workshop at Leeds EJC with the Chinese doing something with
                              balls and umbrellas, they made the spinning balls run round the edge of the
                              umbrellas, very clever these Chinese! Didn't bother trying it myself.
                              It is a lovely day here in Yorkshire

                              Lee
                              > If "Umbrellas" sounded like "fun" I think lots of people would get very
                              > confused when leaving the house on a rainy day. Personally I don't like
                              > umbrellas, and if they sounded like fun, I'd be really annoyed.
                              >
                              > In fact, I think it's a credit to the language that someone managed to get
                              > the two words to sound so completely different!
                              >
                              > Jaims

                            • Rachel E Dugdale
                              Message 14 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                                > not clubs.?.??
                                >
                                > u don't know what u r missing.
                                >
                                > no, honestly(!)

                                I've *got* some. I'm just having trouble getting them up in the
                                air - I can't throw properly if I'm holding a second one in that
                                hand. Small hands. But i'm working on it. I have only had
                                them for a couple of months.

                                Rachel.

                              • Mark Neale
                                Message 15 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                                  If you can't throw with two in one hand try some of these:

                                  - re-arrange the way you hold the clubs. Keep trying until you find
                                  something that's comfortable.
                                  - try sticking one under your arm or between your legs and grabbing it after
                                  the first throw
                                  - get an assistant to throw you the third club. Need someone who can throw
                                  it properly and can teach you how to catch like it's a pass.

                                • jay.davis@talk21.com
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Apr 3, 2001
                                    TIP: erm get bigger hands??

                                    I hear NHS do hand replacement type things for incapable jugglers these days...

                                    possibly.

                                    --------------------
                                  • jay.davis@talk21.com
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Apr 4, 2001
                                      only out by a few days!!

                                      sorry :)

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Apr 4, 2001
                                        > I hear NHS do hand replacement type things for incapable
                                        > jugglers these days...

                                        April fools' day was Sunday...

                                        Rach.

                                      • jesters
                                        Message 19 of 28 , May 31, 2001
                                          Sorry this is a late reply to Robs Email but I have been at our Lake
                                          District Branch - away from the office technology - trying to keep the
                                          business afloat amist all the F & M related problems.

                                          I can tell you that things are getting better daily. Tarn Haus was opened
                                          last week along with a few other lesser known ones AND announcements have
                                          already been made that Helvelyn, Langdale Pikes and a series of well known
                                          and popular fells will be opened on the 9th June (subject to no major set
                                          backs)

                                          Cheers,

                                          Jak
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jun 11, 2001
                                            Weather? It's going to dump it down all weekend, but there's always pubs,
                                            and a few of us will be going climbing, regardless of the weather (Rob - you
                                            up for it?) Though to be honest, I don't remember there being a vast amount
                                            of juggling last year - admittedly I was only there for a few hours, but I
                                            seem to remember a lot of sitting around drinking.

                                            Which is nice.

                                          • mini
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jun 11, 2001
                                              hopefully it wont rain. it did niot at all last year although the
                                              year before it pissed down constantly..

                                              we do though have 6m * 6m of shelter this year so thats plenty i
                                              hope..

                                              On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:57:52 +0100, you wrote:

                                              ->Weather? It's going to dump it down all weekend, but there's always
                                              pubs,
                                              ->and a few of us will be going climbing, regardless of the weather
                                              (Rob - you
                                              ->up for it?) Though to be honest, I don't remember there being a vast
                                              amount
                                              ->of juggling last year - admittedly I was only there for a few hours,
                                              but I
                                              ->seem to remember a lot of sitting around drinking.
                                              ->
                                              ->Which is nice.
                                              ->
                                              ->
                                              ->_________________________________________________________________________
                                              ->Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at
                                              http://www.hotmail.com
                                              ->
                                              ->
                                              ->
                                              ->
                                              ->Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                              ->

                                              My Homepage
                                              www.minimansell.com