More on those Mathmos things

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      So to kinda answer my own question, I've been in a/the Manchester gadget
      shop today, here's my findings:

      Me " Do you mind if I abuse it somewhat?, I wanna see if they're OK to
      juggle.."

      Shop assistant bloke " Nah, I've kicked it around a bit.."

      Which suggests a fair durability at least..( the gubbins are deep within the
      squishy stuff )

      They feel lighter than I remember globalls being, they are noticably larger,
      and the squishy finish is real nice on your hands when you're catching them,
      the on/off switch is a fairly positive, deep press at one particular point,
      so didn't seem too likely to get pressed during juggling, and they're all
      the same price, even the blue and green ones.
      But
      There's only 4 LED's in each, and the diffusion is really patchy ( think
      Astroballs ), and the recharge socket is, as previously mentioned in another
      message, a shoddy area, and very noticable on the catch.