Re: [uk_jugglers] hi

  • Nigel j Green
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 6, 2001
      I don't like what is going on here. I sent an email to liverpool@... asking about being in the show and have got emails back off people who have nothing to do with organising it. How many people was my email shared out to? I guess that is what happened.
      If you want to say something to me either post it here where we can all see it or email me it. Why is it I was told to fuck off for sharing private emails then you all do the same?
      Also, my name is Nigel John Green and I'm living in north london for now. I don't know exactly why I was named Nigel but if I was a girl my mother would have called me Amanda-Faye. It's a good job I'm not female as I think that name sucks and also females cant juggle.

      yours:nigel
      --

      On Fri, 02 Feb 2001 20:09:43
      Nigel wrote:
      >The other day, you said....
      >
      >> Hello
      >> I'm not from the UK but I have just moved here. I will be up at Liverpool for
      >> the juggling convention. I'll see you there.
      >>
      >> yours:nigel
      >>
      >Perhaps we could make it a Nigel convention?
      >
      >Now my mother called me Nigel 'cos she thought it was slightly unusual...
      >..my entire school life happened with another Nigel in my year, my best
      >friend between school and poly was a Nigel, and now this chap turns up and
      >makes three other juggling Nigel's that I know of..what's going on?.it's not
      >really that common a name....
      >
      >So where are you from?..the other thing about 'Nigel' is that it's a name
      >that very rarely comes from anywhere else...
      >
      >N.

      Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html
    • mini
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 7, 2001
        Guess what..

        Nigel can now not post without it comming through me first and it
        only gets to the list if i like it!!

        Nigel if you have a problem with this email me..

        if you really want you can even call me voice.. most people on here
        have my number so i have no problem giving it out.

        01642 897191

        On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:08:11 -0000 , you wrote:

        ->For those people who don't know, Nigel has managed to create a bit
        of an
        ->impression on rec.juggling. To my knowledge, he hasn't yet posted
        anything
        ->useful there. Everything he has said has been small minded and
        offensive.
        ->There is a suspicion that he's not actually a real person but is
        just
        ->someone we know having a laugh, because it's difficult to understand
        why
        ->someone would want to be so obnoxious from the off, especially when
        not
        ->provoked.
        ->
        ->I forwarded your email to a handful of trusted friends, because I
        was unsure
        ->of the wisdom of allowing you in our show. Your behaviour on
        rec.juggling
        ->struck you of any respect you think you deserve.
        ->
        ->Is Mr. Moderator listening? I think we have a prime candidate for
        ->moderation here!
        ->
        ->Dave.
        ->
        ->------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        ->
        ->
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 7, 2001
          Coo, aren't you Mr. popular!

          The other day, you said....

          >if I was a girl my mother would
          > have called me Amanda-Faye. It's a good job I'm not female as I think that
          > name sucks and also females cant juggle.

          Some answers to the above..

          1) Chances are not too many of us care what you think of the name "Amanda
          Faye"

          2) Best we don't mention that to the shed loads of women we know who CAN or
          you'll never get laid...

          3) Bloody hell man, you'll be telling us next that blokes can't club
          swing...

          4) Or was it really 'cant juggle' not 'can't juggle' and you were actually
          complementing women on their verbal dexterity?

          Apologies to any innocent bystanders caught in the flak..I've just been to a
          rather arduous meeting with a sillysodder ( damned obscure 2 Ronnies
          reference ) and there's a bit of venting going on.... ( Apologies also for
          assumptions made in answer no. 2...)

          ...Hey, like can't we all just be nice to each other?

          N. ( not that one, this one..)
        • colin@eberhardt.freeserve.co.uk
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
            Mini,

            I think you are over-reacting a bit. What has Nigel actually done in
            this group so far? he has only posted a few messages none of which
            are abusive or anti-social. We all know he has made a few (big)
            mistakes and possibly enemies in r.j. but I don't think that should
            cause you to ban or moderate him in this forum.

            Regards,
            Colin E.

            --- In uk_jugglers@y..., mini <mini@j...> wrote:
            > Guess what..
            >
            > Nigel can now not post without it comming through me first and it
            > only gets to the list if i like it!!
            >
            > Nigel if you have a problem with this email me..
            >
            > if you really want you can even call me voice.. most people on
            here
            > have my number so i have no problem giving it out.
            >
            > 01642 897191

          • nicole taylor
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
              On Thu, 08 Feb 2001 08:25:31 -0000, you wrote:

              >Mini,
              >
              >I think you are over-reacting a bit. What has Nigel actually done in
              >this group so far? he has only posted a few messages none of which
              >are abusive or anti-social. We all know he has made a few (big)
              >mistakes and possibly enemies in r.j. but I don't think that should
              >cause you to ban or moderate him in this forum.
              >
              >Regards,
              >Colin E.

              yeah but..

              when it began on rec juggling, the thead was funny. i, like a lot of
              people, suspected it was someone just taking the piss (surely no one
              could make themselves that hated and not apologise?)

              but uk jugglers is different. it's not a newsgroup where i feel i can
              scan past and deleted the messages. i want to read them. and the
              last thing i want to sit through is a load of abusive mails.

              so i think mini's right (yes, i know it is a first!).
              it's not banning anyone, it's just checking their mails, making sure
              uk jugglers stays the lovely place it is, without becoming full of
              aggrovation and hassle.

              nicole.
            • Ali Williams
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                I don't think he's overacting or am I imagining the sexist statement I
                wouldn't want to be a girl because they can't juggle. i find this very
                offensive.
                > I think you are over-reacting a bit. What has Nigel actually done in
                > this group so far? he has only posted a few messages none of which
                > are abusive or anti-social. We all know he has made a few (big)
                > mistakes and possibly enemies in r.j. but I don't think that should
                > cause you to ban or moderate him in this forum.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Colin E.
                >
                > --- In uk_jugglers@y..., mini <mini@j...> wrote:
                > > Guess what..
                > >
                > > Nigel can now not post without it comming through me first and it
                > > only gets to the list if i like it!!
                > >
                > > Nigel if you have a problem with this email me..
                > >
                > > if you really want you can even call me voice.. most people on
                > here
                > > have my number so i have no problem giving it out.
                > >
                > > 01642 897191

              • Roger Davies
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                  Most (or should I make that all) of the girls that I know in my juggling
                  circle of friends can juggle better than I can!
                  :-)

                  Roger

                  The UK's Unicycle Source
                  http://www.unicycle.uk.com/

                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                    The man's a prat. 'Nuff said. If he can't behave himself on r.j. I imagine
                    he won't here.

                  • Paul Seward
                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                      >On Thu, 08 Feb 2001 08:25:31 -0000, nicole wrote:
                      >
                      >>Mini,
                      >>
                      >>I think you are over-reacting a bit. What has Nigel actually done in
                      >>this group so far?

                      <snip rest of Colins post>

                      >yeah but..
                      >
                      >when it began on rec juggling, the thead was funny. i, like a lot of
                      >people, suspected it was someone just taking the piss (surely no one
                      >could make themselves that hated and not apologise?)
                      >
                      >but uk jugglers is different. it's not a newsgroup where i feel i can
                      >scan past and deleted the messages. i want to read them. and the
                      >last thing i want to sit through is a load of abusive mails.

                      But the point is, should NGreen be judged on what he has posted elsewhere?

                      I think I would agree with Colin, yes he's been an arse on RJ, yes he's
                      said one or two things on R.J that have been offensive. But I think that
                      untill he repeats the exercise here he shouldnt be moderated.

                      Fer chris sakes, I dont get moderated, and I've offended plenty of people
                      in my time (Including some of those who read this list!) Is it because you
                      guys know who I am that I never actually got moderated (even though it
                      was threatened several times)... If so, that sucks. Moderate me now.

                      >so i think mini's right (yes, i know it is a first!).
                      > it's not banning anyone, it's just checking their mails, making sure
                      >uk jugglers stays the lovely place it is, without becoming full of
                      >aggrovation and hassle.

                      And untill NGreen is actually offensive on this list why should we
                      assume that he will be?

                      Mind you, once he does step out of line... bust his ass!

                      -Paul
                      The Little Paul who is all for free speech... but not in the american way
                    • Rob Stone
                      Message 10 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                        >Most (or should I make that all) of the girls that I know in my juggling
                        >circle of friends can juggle better than I can!
                        >:-)

                        Roger
                        i think just "most girls can juggle better than i" would suffice for you :-)
                        --
                        Rob.

                        Rob Stone, Psychology, University of York, York, YO10 5DD. 01904 433161
                      • Barnes, Dave
                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001

                          He's already been offensive. How he managed to get a sexist remark into a
                          post that was mainly meant to be criticising me, I don't understand!

                          It's quite clear that all he wants from this group and from rec.juggling is
                          a fight. I appreciate that it is a little odd to bar him from here just
                          because we happen to know he's been a pain elsewhere, but I think he's
                          clearly planning to do nothing but argue here, so I think it's right to
                          moderate him. As Nicole said - if he has anything worth saying, it can
                          still be posted. Moderation isn't a black hole - it's just a level of
                          protection.
                          Dave

                          > Mind you, once he does step out of line... bust his ass!
                          >
                          > -Paul
                          > The Little Paul who is all for free speech... but not in the
                          > american way

                          > ---------------------~-~>
                          > eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
                          > Click here for more details
                          > -------_->

                        • Alan S>
                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                            --- In uk_jugglers@y..., "Paul Seward" <Paul.Seward@c...> wrote:
                            > And untill NGreen is actually offensive on this list why should we
                            > assume that he will be?
                            >
                            > Mind you, once he does step out of line... bust his ass!

                            Sorry Paul, AFIAC he already has been offensive - see his posting
                            re 'girlies can't juggle'.

                            If it *is* a wind-up, its not a very funny one. I consider what we
                            have here on UK-J is special - I don't want to see it spoiled by
                            idiots who appear to have no consideration for other people's
                            sensibilities (and yes, I know my fascist side is showing when I say
                            that, and yes, it is contradictory).

                            Alan S>
                            Today's word is: Intolerance
                            The moon's getting full - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
                          • Paul Seward
                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                              >>> alans@... 02/08/01 11:48am >>>
                              >
                              >> And untill NGreen is actually offensive on this list why should we
                              >> assume that he will be?
                              >>
                              >> Mind you, once he does step out of line... bust his ass!
                              >
                              >Sorry Paul, AFIAC he already has been offensive - see his posting
                              >re 'girlies can't juggle'.

                              Appologies. When I read that post, I assumed (possibly nievely?)
                              that he had just missed the smiley off the end.

                              I guess my point is, if anyone else had posted that comment,
                              would it have been met with the same "moderate him NOW"
                              response? Or are we just jumping the gun a tad because of
                              his reputation?

                              Can you say "Knee Jerk Reaction" anyone?

                              >If it *is* a wind-up, its not a very funny one.

                              I never said it was...

                              >I consider what we
                              >have here on UK-J is special - I don't want to see it spoiled by
                              >idiots who appear to have no consideration for other people's
                              >sensibilities (and yes, I know my fascist side is showing when I say
                              >that, and yes, it is contradictory).

                              There goes that knee...

                              -Paul
                              The Little Paul who thinks people should just lighten up a bit...
                            • dildesign@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                                Whether Nigel is really an arrogant moron of just a wind-up merchant, I get
                                the feeling he must be pi**ing himself laughing at the reaction he's getting.

                                Bob

                              • mini
                                Message 15 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                                  ok here is the first email that i recieved..

                                  Luke your from miles away and a twat mate..

                                  i DONT want this guy in the group personally. but have no intention
                                  of removing him, i have emailed him and asked that he refrains from
                                  swearing and insulting.. till then i get to read his posts first

                                  I know that the people I got emails off had nothing to do with
                                  organising the show because emailed back and asked if I had a place in
                                  the show and got this reply : sorry but I do not organise the show -
                                  althogh I could certainly have a word with the man who does. I am sure
                                  you will be welcome to join in.
                                  That one was off Colin E. and the one off Luke Burrage I didnt answer
                                  because I gather he is from scarbrourogh which is the other end of the
                                  country and he sounds like a twat. Both emails had the same subject
                                  line as the one I sent to liverpool@... so I know it was from
                                  there that they came from.
                                  yours:nigel
                                • heldil@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                                    I am not on r.j so I don't know of any past reputations but what he has siad
                                    has wound me up a bit but hey, we all have to wind up somwhere at somepoint
                                    at sometime. And I have to admit, this girlie CAN'T juggle (much).....
                                    I say let him get on with it and if he gets annoying..ignore him...alot more
                                    fun then being mean and moderating him...

                                    Hugs and.....stuff
                                    Helen
                                    la de da :-)

                                  • mini
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Feb 8, 2001
                                      Nigel is now un moderated due to the pressure from group members..

                                      Nigel this is for you.. contribute please dont antagonise people
                                      you have never met.
                                    • webmaster@fishsoft.co.uk
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Feb 9, 2001
                                        Morning all,

                                        Obviously I didn't read Nigels message all that thoroughly - I failed
                                        to see the sexist comment on the last line which was quite anti-
                                        social. Also on returning to work I found a couple of abusive emails
                                        waiting in my mailbox from our friend Nigel.

                                        I have changed my mind, moderate the guy. Better still - just kick
                                        him out.

                                        regards,
                                        Colin E.