Re: BJCCardiff

  • Orinoco
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
      I've just downloaded the BJC pre reg from & I will cash in some of my Xerox
      subsidy at work & distribute it to my club members this Tuesday. We
      regularly get over a dozen people going to conventions. Sending us any forms
      or promotional material will be a waste of money.

      I think that everyone who goes to a convention is a member of at least one
      club & I believe that every club has at least one person who has access to
      the internet. I don't know how much it costs per club to mail a load of
      bumpf but I'm sure every bit helps.

      Mini, I'd like my T-shirt to be XL, I can't remember whether I said or not.

      Jon
      E-mail: orin@...
      Homepage:
      http://www.twjc.co.uk
    • Duncan Hoyle
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
        I know of at least 5 people who regularly go to conventions who don't attend
        clubs, who aren't on this list and who aren't on the net. If it wasn't for
        me they wouldn't know when and where conventions were happening. Having said
        that, there's no other way of keeping these people informed now that the
        Catch has stopped and several juggling shops have closed.

        Duncan

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
          Kaskade is still going strong and is available by postal subscription.
          Perhaps Convention organisers should check their's is listed there?

          Kevin
          ps Miss Finland juggled fruit on Miss World and plans to become a circus
          artiste! Which convention will we see her at?

          > I know of at least 5 people who regularly go to conventions who don't
          attend
          > clubs, who aren't on this list and who aren't on the net. If it wasn't for
          > me they wouldn't know when and where conventions were happening. Having
          said
          > that, there's no other way of keeping these people informed now that the
          > Catch has stopped and several juggling shops have closed.
          >
          > Duncan

        • mini
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
            at one point after the Edinburgh European i was involved in
            aconversation with Johnny hopper about grouping people. it went
            something like this

            Group A

            go to ervy convention love to juggle / party and will make an effort
            them selves to find out about things

            group B

            maybe club members maybe home jugglers, may have gone to a one day
            convention at some point or visited a club a few times, hopefully
            know of the existance of other jugglers.

            Group C non jugglers could not care less about us!

            the theory was that if you can target just group A with promotional
            material then they will do the rest for you..

            Comments please.

            for the record, i agree

            On Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:53:19 -0000, you wrote:

            ->I know of at least 5 people who regularly go to conventions who
            don't attend
            ->clubs, who aren't on this list and who aren't on the net. If it
            wasn't for
            ->me they wouldn't know when and where conventions were happening.
            Having said
            ->that, there's no other way of keeping these people informed now that
            the
            ->Catch has stopped and several juggling shops have closed.
            ->
            ->Duncan
            ->
            ->>
            ->> I think that everyone who goes to a convention is a member of at
            least one
            ->> club & I believe that every club has at least one person who has
            access to
            ->> the internet. I don't know how much it costs per club to mail a
            load of
            ->> bumpf but I'm sure every bit helps.
            ->>
            ->>
            ->> Jon
            ->> E-mail: orin@...
            ->> Homepage:
            ->> http://www.twjc.co.uk
            ->
            ->
            ->
            ->

            Mini Mansell , Long life, Good sex and Prosperity.

            http://www.minimansell.com

            Listings for Worldwide Juggling Clubs http://www.juggler.net/jugglingclubs
            Buy your juggling equipment online at http://come.to/jesters