Re: [uk_jugglers] Sports injuries

  • Panayiotis Panayiotou
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 28, 2000
      At 09:52 28/11/00 +0000, you wrote:
      Talking of hurting yourself, has anyone ever come up with a way of learning to club juggle, while wearing glasses.  I repeatedly hit myself on the top of my nose, driving my glasses into me with agonising pain.  Without glasses, I can't see the damn things clearly.

      hello

      I used to have exactly the same problems and I found it really annoying.  My focal length is only about 17.4cm, which is really pants.

      But about 3 years ago I changed from nasty spectacles to wonderful contact lenses, mostly for juggling purposes, and not only did the problems disappear but things actually improved because you get a bigger image with contacts if you're short-sighted.

      The optician had kept hassling me about contact lenses for ages, but (just like most people) I just couldn't stand the thought of sticking my fingers and bits of plastic coated with disinfectant into my eyes.  But actually I got used to them so quickly and I found them so comfortable that I very strongly recommend them.  I'd go as far as saying that I think contacts are so brilliant that even people with nothing wrong with their eyes should wear them!

      I could go on with this raving about contacts, but I'd better not.  If anyone's got any questions they want to ask on the matter, please feel free to email me.

      Pan
      (I'm not on commission, by the way)

    • mini mansell
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 24, 2005
        after some time searching I have found a US supplier who is willing to ship
        some wooden BC Kendamas over to the Uk.

        i am buying 50 of them. and if you want one they will be a tenner each.
        (plus an extra quid if you want them posting to you. or maybe they can be
        handed over at a convention somwhere)

        if anyone is interested just drop me an email

        they will be shipped over by boat from the US so will be arriving on these
        shores in about a month

        www.minimansell.com

        hampered by natural immaturity