chat room

  • Luke Burrage
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 6, 2000
      I'm in the chatroom now, and will be for the next few
      hours, and then maybe later, about 12 or 1.....

      But you don't want to chat to me that badly do you?

      luke

      =====
      luke burrage's thing on the net:
      http://www.lukeburrage.co.uk
      For a laugh, check it out.

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
    • Barnes, Dave
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 23, 2001
        Apologies if this is a tad too irate but I think this is getting silly.

        It's fine to advertise the chatroom, but not everybody uses it. Not
        everybody wants to use it, and not everybody can use it. Some people do use
        Little Paul's Big Chatroom through the day, but it's providing a different
        service to this group.

        Maybe the conversation here isn't always on topic, but I see UK_jugglers to
        be a discussion group. If people don't want to read lots of email
        origininating from the group, then they can take it as a daily digest, or
        they can read it using the web interace instead. To tell people to use the
        chatroom whenever people start discussing things using this list is in my
        view completely against the point of having the list. Just like usenet
        groups, not everything people say will interest everybody, but it's more
        valuable to have the group exist and have people post things that they think
        other people will enjoy than it is to have people worry about posting a
        message in case they are told off for doing so.

        Or have I missed the point of this group?

      • mini
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 23, 2001
[...]
          ->

          Nope not at all Dave and i value your opinion. i too like the
          discussion value of the group and simply want to avoid the situation
          we had last year when one day there where 64 emails in one day from 6
          users just having a conversation.

          i get daily logs sent and that day 4 subscribers left.

          whenever the traffic gets over around 10 - 15 per day i see people
          leaving.