RE: [uk_jugglers] 45th Scarborough Juggling Convention

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2000
      Thanks for this! Brought a smile to my face on a pessimistic morning at
      work!

      Charlie
      Cambridge

    • Neale, Mark
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2000
        > Here is just a short message to say that the 49th
        > Scarborough Juggling Convention will be on Saturday
        > the 12th of March, 2058. I know I'm announcing it a
        > bit early, but put that date in your diarys.

        There will also be a showing of the holo of the latest attempt at 35 club
        ultimates in zero gravity which I took at the Betelgeuse 171st Intergalactic
        Juggling convention. This one just blew me away, I'll tell you.

      • FAK Doggrell
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2000
          --- In uk_jugglers@egroups.com, Luke Burrage <luke@j...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > Here is just a short message to say that the 49th
          > Scarborough Juggling Convention will be on Saturday
          > the 12th of March, 2058. I know I'm announcing it a
          > bit early, but put that date in your diarys.

          Damn, I'm busy that day. Can't you make it the 19th instead?

          Fak
          Live long and go to Scarborough
        • Neale, Mark
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2000
            Actually, according to my calendar, March 12th 2058 is a Tuesday.

            You'll have to make this the 16th. Sorry.

          • helen@juggler.net
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2000
              > > --- In uk_jugglers@egroups.com, Luke Burrage <luke@j...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi all,
              > > >
              > > > Here is just a short message to say that the 49th
              > > > Scarborough Juggling Convention will be on Saturday
              > > > the 12th of March, 2058. I know I'm announcing it a
              > > > bit early, but put that date in your diarys.
              > >
              > > Damn, I'm busy that day. Can't you make it the 19th instead?
              > >
              > > Fak
              > > Live long and go to Scarborough

              Course, Luke, you do realise we're gonna hold you to this...

              See you there!

              Helen :)
              (With a sort of semi-provisional booking for the 24th feb *2001* -
              Watch this space)
            • Sam Vines
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 1, 2000
                <huge snip>

                > The convention costs a mere 87,687,000 euros or 12 old
                > pounds. We accept both, but prefer pounds as it is the
                > standard galactic tender.

                Do we get a discount and a free t-shirt if we meet any of the
                followin criteria??:
                a) Pre-register
                b) Run a workshop
                c) Bring lots of people in the same vehicle as us
                d) Bring chocolate cake (a la ChocFest 27/01/2001)
                ???

                Cheers,

                Sam
              • ali close
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 1, 2000
                  Of course, you do realise that this clashes with the 8th Intergalactic
                  Planet Passing Convention being held on Mars. Will you people never learn
                  to check the events diary before booking a venue!

                  Al

> [...]
                  > and also a special, one off lecture on the history of
                  > poi swinging titled "The Rise and Fall of Poi - a
                  > closer look". Ben Beever will be doing an advanced
                  > siteswap workshop concentrating on the siteswap
                  > 6*791*(34,34)87ab/c(b/5+2na)83*791791. He advises you
                  > to put this through Jongl v.94.4 (or higher) and try
                  > it for yourself first.
                  >
                  > The convention costs a mere 87,687,000 euros or 12 old
                  > pounds. We accept both, but prefer pounds as it is the
                  > standard galactic tender.
                  >
                  > Hope to see you there, if not you can download the
                  > edited memories from the website afterwards. Check
                  > back later for details, prices, ect.
                  >
                  > The Organisers.
                  >

                  > =====
                  > luke burrage's thing on the net:
                  > http://www.lukeburrage.co.uk
                  > For a laugh, check it out.

                  > Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE.

                • Lee Gilbert
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 1, 2000
                    silly, you are forgetting to set your digitalised calendar to allow for the
                    four day date adjustment in 2027 to bring us in line with galactic standard
                    time/date/continuum. Any fule nose that, molesworth.

                    Lee Gilbert
                    > Actually, according to my calendar, March 12th 2058 is a Tuesday.
                    >
                    > You'll have to make this the 16th. Sorry.

                  • Mark Tillotson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 2, 2000
                      ali close wrote:

                      > Of course, you do realise that this clashes with the 8th Intergalactic
                      > Planet Passing Convention being held on Mars. Will you people never learn
                      > to check the events diary before booking a venue!
                      >
                      > Al

                      Surely that also clashes with the 45784723rd Intergalactic
                      Bar-billiards championships off Ursa Minor?

                      Maybe we should add Brockian (sp?) Ultra-cricket to the
                      usual list of juggling games. Brockian Ultra-cricket
                      is a perplexing game in which the participants run up
                      to people and hit them for no readily apparent reason
                      and then run away. Or Something(tm).

                      __Mark (from Cambridge, with the proper dome...)
                    • Neale, Mark
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 2, 2000
                        This, of course, was all a cover-up by the Inter-denominational enclave to
                        hide the fact that the date of the second coming was never recorded
                        correctly. The international outcry, begun by the Campaign for Universal
                        Nice Time, over losing four days of life, even though the expected lifespan
                        is close to 125, meant that the old Gregorian calendar is still used by many
                        as the definative Earth time.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 2, 2000
                          Mark-T wrote
                          > Maybe we should add Brockian (sp?) Ultra-cricket to the
                          > usual list of juggling games. Brockian Ultra-cricket
                          > is a perplexing game in which the participants run up
                          > to people and hit them for no readily apparent reason
                          > and then run away. Or Something(tm).

                          Isn't that Gladiators? This always seems to be what happens to me
                          when I play ....

                          Brockian Ultra-cricket should be played in an enclosed field with no
                          spectators which enhances the experience, apparently. This always puzzled
                          me, as how do you know who won?