Chinese State.

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      Has anyone seen their show recently?
      What's in it?
      Is it any good?

      ( They're in Norwich this week and my folks are wondering whether to go...)

      Cheers,

      N.
    • Dan Hat
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
        Alwight Nige!!!

        We went to see the Chinese State a few months back and can quite honestly
        say that they put on the best show I have ever seen.

        OK..picture this.

        Three guys standing side by side in a liine juggling/passing nine hats
        between themselves + two guys standing on their shoulders juggling/passing
        six hats between themselves + one guy standing on their shoulders juggling
        three hats. Sounds impressive doesn't it!!! But it doesn't stop
        there...the whole group of six blokes are jumping a skipping rope whilst
        juggling!!!!!!

        The rest of the show was top quality. Go and see it.

        It was really cheap to get seats and surprisingly it was very badly
        attended. The big top only had bewteen 40-100 people in it!!!

        I think it is mad that the Cirque du Soliel (or however you spell it) can
        charge stupid money for tickets and sell out every night. Whereas the
        Chinese State Circus can put on a far better show for a fraction of the
        price and nobody goes to see it.

        Anyway, have fun mate.

        Dan The Hat

        http://profiles.msn.com