EJC 2015

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 5 10:08 AM
      Just stumbled on the news that the EJC in Berlin is cancelled.

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 7 12:47 AM
        On 05/10/2013 18:08, Kevin Rowe wrote:

        > Just stumbled on the news that the EJC in Berlin is cancelled.
        > http://ejc2015.org/index.php?article_id=15&clang=0
        > Kevin

        I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to give us some more details,
        but after some conversations at Bristol I think the situation is not
        quite as that web page puts it - and I know alternatives are being
        considered as we speak.

        Charlie

      • Ali Close
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 7 4:10 AM

          On 05/10/2013 18:08, Kevin Rowe wrote:

          > Just stumbled on the news that the EJC in Berlin is cancelled.
          > http://ejc2015.org/index.php?article_id=15&clang=0
          > Kevin

          I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to give us some more details,
          but after some conversations at Bristol I think the situation is not
          quite as that web page puts it - and I know alternatives are being
          considered as we speak.

          Charlie

          Thanks, Charlie.  The EJA will be along soon to let everyone know what will be happening in 2015.  There are some inaccuracies on the Berlin team’s website, but I won’t bore you with all the ins and outs.  Instead, for those of you that were not at the EJA General Assembly (GA) in Toulouse (EJC2013), here is a quick summary about the situation:

          For some years now, we have been voting three years ahead on locations and organising teams for EJCs.  In Lublin (EJC2012), no candidates came forward for 2015.  Prior to Toulouse, we were contacted by a small team of jugglers with a proposal to host 2015 in a village near Berlin.  EJA representatives then met with two of the team in Toulouse prior to the GA.  There were some concerns on both sides – including some issues with the venue that could not be resolved by the team until mid-September.  But EJA voted to let the team present to the jugglers at the GA with the proviso that if all parties concerned were not completely happy by the end of September, then the EJA had the right to appoint a different organising team to host EJC2015.

          The team from Berlin have decided to withdraw their proposal, and currently, the EJA is in discussion with several alternative organising teams.  We hope to make a solid plan as soon as possible, at which time we will communicate the plan via the EJA website and through other social networks.  So watch this space.....

          Cheers,
          Ali
          on behalf of the EJA

          Ali Close
          EJA President
          http://www.eja.net

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 21, 2014

            I wonder how that 'solid plan' is coming along?

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 22, 2014

              It is coming along very nicely, and we will make an announcement in the near future!

              Ali

              On 21.02.2014 16:10, Kevin Rowe wrote:

              I wonder how that 'solid plan' is coming along?

              > Just stumbled on the news that the EJC in Berlin is cancelled.
              > http://ejc2015.org/index.php?article_id=15&clang=0
              > Kevin

              I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to give us some more details,
              but after some conversations at Bristol I think the situation is not
              quite as that web page puts it - and I know alternatives are being
              considered as we speak.

              Charlie

              Thanks, Charlie.  The EJA will be along soon to let everyone know what will be happening in 2015.  There are some inaccuracies on the Berlin team’s website, but I won’t bore you with all the ins and outs.  Instead, for those of you that were not at the EJA General Assembly (GA) in Toulouse (EJC2013), here is a quick summary about the situation:

              For some years now, we have been voting three years ahead on locations and organising teams for EJCs.  In Lublin (EJC2012), no candidates came forward for 2015.  Prior to Toulouse, we were contacted by a small team of jugglers with a proposal to host 2015 in a village near Berlin.  EJA representatives then met with two of the team in Toulouse prior to the GA.  There were some concerns on both sides – including some issues with the venue that could not be resolved by the team until mid-September.  But EJA voted to let the team present to the jugglers at the GA with the proviso that if all parties concerned were not completely happy by the end of September, then the EJA had the right to appoint a different organising team to host EJC2015.

              The team from Berlin have decided to withdraw their proposal, and currently, the EJA is in discussion with several alternative organising teams.  We hope to make a solid plan as soon as possible, at which time we will communicate the plan via the EJA website and through other social networks.  So watch this space.....

              Cheers,
              Ali
              on behalf of the EJA

              Ali Close
              EJA President
              http://www.eja.net

            • Roslyn Walker
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 22, 2014
                Hello..!

                I don't usually post to this group as I rarely have much to say. But I thought it would be the place to ask. I'm looking for old juggling related magazines. Any and all titles welcomed from as far back as you care to go.

                I'm also searching for juggling and juggler posters and postcards.

                So if you have a poster from your show or a post card advertising your show or anything juggler related on a poster or postcard and would like to get rid of it please get in touch.

                Any and all items considered.
              • Ali Close
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 8, 2014
                  The official announcement of the location for EJC2015 will be made at 21:00 CET tomorrow.  See our new Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/European-Juggling-Association/395078503954858 ), or our website (http://www.eja.net) for news.  Please feel free to share the Facebook page to help us get the message out to as many jugglers as possible.

                  Thanks,
                  Ali

                  Ali Close
                  EJA President

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 5, 2014
                    Hi, Everyone

                    Well, the subject line says it all, really!  Online pre-registration is now open – https://prereg.eja.net – there are three phases of ticket prices available (although if you are feeling generous, you can buy the higher priced ones now!).  You can also pre-order convention-special clothing – but please note this must be collected from the convention, it is not possible to have it sent to you.

                    Offline pre-registration will also be possible so you can pay by cheque in GBP as well.  Anyone coming to BJC can pay there by talking to Ron Trickett (Lazy Juggler) or myself (Gravity Outlaws) – we will both be easy to find when the traders hall is open.  You can even buy some goodies from us at the same time!!!

                    Please spread the word around your juggling contacts, and hope to see many of you in Millstreet!

                    Cheers,
                    Ali

                    Ali Close
                    EJA President

                    > Just stumbled on the news that the EJC in Berlin is cancelled.
                    > http://ejc2015.org/index.php?article_id=15&clang=0
                    > Kevin

                    I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to give us some more details,
                    but after some conversations at Bristol I think the situation is not
                    quite as that web page puts it - and I know alternatives are being
                    considered as we speak.

                    Charlie

                    Thanks, Charlie.  The EJA will be along soon to let everyone know what will be happening in 2015.  There are some inaccuracies on the Berlin team’s website, but I won’t bore you with all the ins and outs.  Instead, for those of you that were not at the EJA General Assembly (GA) in Toulouse (EJC2013), here is a quick summary about the situation:

                    For some years now, we have been voting three years ahead on locations and organising teams for EJCs.  In Lublin (EJC2012), no candidates came forward for 2015.  Prior to Toulouse, we were contacted by a small team of jugglers with a proposal to host 2015 in a village near Berlin.  EJA representatives then met with two of the team in Toulouse prior to the GA.  There were some concerns on both sides – including some issues with the venue that could not be resolved by the team until mid-September.  But EJA voted to let the team present to the jugglers at the GA with the proviso that if all parties concerned were not completely happy by the end of September, then the EJA had the right to appoint a different organising team to host EJC2015.

                    The team from Berlin have decided to withdraw their proposal, and currently, the EJA is in discussion with several alternative organising teams.  We hope to make a solid plan as soon as possible, at which time we will communicate the plan via the EJA website and through other social networks.  So watch this space.....

                    Cheers,
                    Ali
                    on behalf of the EJA

                    Ali Close
                    EJA President
                    http://www.eja.net

                  • lynne
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 5, 2014
                      Little early for 2015 surely?

                      Lynne

                      To: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 5, 2014
                        DOH!  that should read EJC2014.  Sorry!

                        > Just stumbled on the news that the EJC in Berlin is cancelled.
                        > http://ejc2015.org/index.php?article_id=15&clang=0
                        > Kevin

                        I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to give us some more details,
                        but after some conversations at Bristol I think the situation is not
                        quite as that web page puts it - and I know alternatives are being
                        considered as we speak.

                        Charlie

                        Thanks, Charlie.  The EJA will be along soon to let everyone know what will be happening in 2015.  There are some inaccuracies on the Berlin team’s website, but I won’t bore you with all the ins and outs.  Instead, for those of you that were not at the EJA General Assembly (GA) in Toulouse (EJC2013), here is a quick summary about the situation:
                        For some years now, we have been voting three years ahead on locations and organising teams for EJCs.  In Lublin (EJC2012), no candidates came forward for 2015.  Prior to Toulouse, we were contacted by a small team of jugglers with a proposal to host 2015 in a village near Berlin.  EJA representatives then met with two of the team in Toulouse prior to the GA.  There were some concerns on both sides – including some issues with the venue that could not be resolved by the team until mid-September.  But EJA voted to let the team present to the jugglers at the GA with the proviso that if all parties concerned were not completely happy by the end of September, then the EJA had the right to appoint a different organising team to host EJC2015.
                        The team from Berlin have decided to withdraw their proposal, and currently, the EJA is in discussion with several alternative organising teams.  We hope to make a solid plan as soon as possible, at which time we will communicate the plan via the EJA website and through other social networks.  So watch this space.....
                        Cheers,
                        Ali
                        on behalf of the EJA
                        Ali Close