Re: [uk_jugglers] hello.

    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2013
      What's life like as a teacher Nigel?

      They seem to be grumbling a lot on the TES forums.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2013
        On 13/05/2013 21:03, Nigel wrote:
        > In case anyone was still unaware of this, yahoo mail accounts have been subject to an awful lot of hacking lately. This is a reminder to change your passwords regularly folks, and make it a long password so the brute-force-password-hacking-bot takes a very long time to crack it.

        an idea that's been doing the rounds but isn't exactly mainstream yet is
        to get away from pass'words' and get into the idea of pass'sentences'.

        'cat' is very easy for a computer to brute force hack
        'asdrfhasdk;fhas;drhfkfh' is hard to hack but also hard for you to remember
        'my cats name is tiddles' is pretty hard to brute force hack, and quite
        easy for you to remember

        Alight Fingers
        http://www.alightfingers.com/
      • PEMBERTON Brian
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2013

          Another interesting technique I've seen, is to use something like 'tHISiShARDtOhACK'. The advantage of this is that anyone watching you could see you enter 'ThisIsHardToHack', not realising you've cannily pressed the Caps Lock key first.
          Of course, this does not work in those circumstances where a notification pops up alerting you the Caps Lock is on.

          cheers,

          Brian

          BTW: Is it too early to plug this: http://www.circuswurx.co.uk/conv.php ?