Re: [uk_jugglers] hello.

    Message 1 of 6 , May 13 1:03 PM
      In case anyone was still unaware of this, yahoo mail accounts have been subject to an awful lot of hacking lately. This is a reminder to change your passwords regularly folks, and make it a long password so the brute-force-password-hacking-bot takes a very long time to crack it.

      </public service announcement>

      On 13 May 2013, at 20:52, Annette Gliwa didn't write, but a spambot sent us all:

      > http://icrop.com/wkscjprvkt.php

    • Annette Gliwa
      Message 2 of 6 , May 13 1:09 PM
        Thanks Nigel,
        Just found that too. Appologies to everybody if they got anything nasty from my account.
        x Annette

        Message 3 of 6 , May 13 3:36 PM
          What's life like as a teacher Nigel?

          They seem to be grumbling a lot on the TES forums.

          In case anyone was still unaware of this, yahoo mail accounts have been subject to an awful lot of hacking lately. This is a reminder to change your passwords regularly folks, and make it a long password so the brute-force-password-hacking-bot takes a very long time to crack it.

          </public service announcement>

          On 13 May 2013, at 20:52, Annette Gliwa didn't write, but a spambot sent us all:

        • glyn
          Message 4 of 6 , May 14 2:02 AM
            On 13/05/2013 21:03, Nigel wrote:
            > In case anyone was still unaware of this, yahoo mail accounts have been subject to an awful lot of hacking lately. This is a reminder to change your passwords regularly folks, and make it a long password so the brute-force-password-hacking-bot takes a very long time to crack it.

            an idea that's been doing the rounds but isn't exactly mainstream yet is
            to get away from pass'words' and get into the idea of pass'sentences'.

            'cat' is very easy for a computer to brute force hack
            'asdrfhasdk;fhas;drhfkfh' is hard to hack but also hard for you to remember
            'my cats name is tiddles' is pretty hard to brute force hack, and quite
            easy for you to remember

            Alight Fingers
            http://www.alightfingers.com/
          • PEMBERTON Brian
            Message 5 of 6 , May 14 3:00 AM

              Another interesting technique I've seen, is to use something like 'tHISiShARDtOhACK'. The advantage of this is that anyone watching you could see you enter 'ThisIsHardToHack', not realising you've cannily pressed the Caps Lock key first.
              Of course, this does not work in those circumstances where a notification pops up alerting you the Caps Lock is on.

              cheers,

              Brian

              BTW: Is it too early to plug this: http://www.circuswurx.co.uk/conv.php ?