i want to make the people of bristol and surrounding cities smile

  • jay
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
      all hands on deck.....

      hi to every spinner,juggler, slack line walker,manipulator,dancer, mime, street performer, creative thinkers and artists

      I have a dream, this dream i have is about peoples future and happiness and well being, as we all know to well the benefits of movement and expression make our inner self happier as well as the self discovery that come from your chosen art form.

      so many of us are either working jobs that hate or are living on the bread line and or looked on as non productive members of society.

      i believe in people i live in bristol with nothing after returning from serbia i am sleeping on sofa's lucky i have friends here really, i have friends all over Europe which could help with local information and to facilitate the opportunity. i want to create a troupe of performers along with myself. to put on street show's, theater performances, community and international workshops and some festivals.

      there are lots of things that haven't been done by performers in each discipline. i would like to start in this moment to start a movement in bristol and southwest (as this is where i am based) if any one has already started something like this and have some circus meet for people, if someone could let me know that would be awesome!

      i keep thinking it must exist.... if it doesn't we can start it together, i would really welcome some advise if some of you on this forum who are professional performers to communicate tips for us to obtain grants or how they started there professional careers.

      Lets unite, i would really like to meet as many of you as possible.

      even if anyone just wants a free practice or a spin i am free. let me hear from you creative lot.

      peace

      Jay Vatra
    • Annette Gliwa
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
        Hi Jay
         I do not have the wish to join your dream but if you just want to have a juggle: Monday night Mueller Road/ Downend  8pm in Horfield. Costs 2 pounds a night and there is tea and buiskits and nice people having a juggle.
        Ohterwise check out Invisible circus- they have build up a circus troup since 20 years in Bristol and for the last few years have been really putting on great cutting edge shows. Circomedia of course is the local circus school and they are churning out more and more performers each year so there is a merry bunch around.
        Albany artists or the "old fire stations" are good training venues.
        Circus comunity is really well established in Bristol with many makeing professional living from performing and exciting projects  since years.
        Good luck in meeting the people you are looking for.
        best regards and welcome
        Annette