Re: [uk_jugglers] Forwarded request for performers for filming in West Yorkshire

  • dave booth
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
      Its more than insulting...it is just complete and utter bollox.Not that yorkshire tea is a small company or anything...£200.00 for basically 4 days work....this has got to be a joke.....SURELY...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
        Absolutely agree , that is appalling I think we all ought to contact them
        and spill some bile

        Hello UK Jugglers. Somebody named Emily from Beverley Keogh Casting in
        Manchester phoned me while trying to contact the Flying Teapots. I suggested
        forwarding a message to this group and I am pasting what I received below.

        Direct replies should go to commercial@...
        <mailto:commercial%40beverleykeogh.tv> , I guess.

        While I am here, how good was Robin Gunney at Bristol last weekend?!

        ===========================

[...]

      • Nigel Schaay
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
          On 1 Oct 2012, at 18:56, Peter Gamble wrote:

          > Absolutely agree , that is appalling I think we all ought to contact them
          > and spill some bile

          I had the email too (plus a phone message). I sent this reply:
          Dear [I got my message from a different person at the agency],

          Whilst I no longer work as an entertainer, I will forward your request to people I know who are still in the business. However, given that the fee stands at £200 for a day's audition plus 1 or 2 days filming - at best £100 per day, expenses included, I doubt you will be inundated with requests from interested parties.
        • Annette Gliwa
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2012
            audition 4th October
            filming 24th/25th October
            wardrobe call on 22nd October
            rehearsal on 23rd October

            I make that 5 days a 40 pounds- bargain
            here is my reply:
             Hi
            I am a highly skilled professional juggler and I would rather work for charity than be ripped of for 40 pounds a day.
            regards
            Annette

            must be the rude German in me :)

            On 1 Oct 2012, at 18:56, Peter Gamble wrote:

            > Absolutely agree , that is appalling I think we all ought to contact them
            > and spill some bile

            I had the email too (plus a phone message). I sent this reply:
            Dear [I got my message from a different person at the agency],

            Whilst I no longer work as an entertainer, I will forward your request to people I know who are still in the business. However, given that the fee stands at £200 for a day's audition plus 1 or 2 days filming - at best £100 per day, expenses included, I doubt you will be inundated with requests from interested parties.

          • jonathan the jester
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2012
              I just had this response after I queried the price.

              The breakdown of fees that are available are;

              Wardrobe Fitting = £50
              Rehearsal Day = 1/2 BSF = £100

              Filming (x two days) = £200 x 2 = £400

              This is still poor in my opinion, but nice for somebody trying to get their face out there.