Forwarded request for performers for filming in West Yorkshire

  • ballpointpenthief
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hello UK Jugglers. Somebody named Emily from Beverley Keogh Casting in Manchester phoned me while trying to contact the Flying Teapots. I suggested forwarding a message to this group and I am pasting what I received below.

      Direct replies should go to commercial@..., I guess.

      While I am here, how good was Robin Gunney at Bristol last weekend?!

      ===========================

      Hi Matt,

      Could you post the following:

      I work for Beverley Keogh Casting in Manchester. We're currently casting for a Yorkshire Tea TV commercial and we are looking for people with a high level of circus skills - i.e. juggling, stilt walking, acrobatics.

      We will be casting on Thursday 4th October 2012 in Manchester.

      The filming will take place on 24th/25th October 2012 in Yorkshire - probably around Huddersfield. In addition there will be a wardrobe call on 22nd October and a rehearsal on 23rd October.

      The fee for the commercial will be £200 inclusive of shoot dates and usage. Unfortunately there are no travel expenses on offer so ideally we would prefer northern based performers. Age, gender and ethnicity are not an issue.

      As we are casting on Thursday, we need to hear from people before Wednesday afternoon. Please could anyone interested please send their details, including contact details, to commercial@...

      Thank you so much,

      Emily

      Filming will be in West Yorkshire - probably around Huddersfield
    • jonathan the jester
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
        £200 is INSULTING.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
          Its more than insulting...it is just complete and utter bollox.Not that yorkshire tea is a small company or anything...£200.00 for basically 4 days work....this has got to be a joke.....SURELY...

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
            Absolutely agree , that is appalling I think we all ought to contact them
            and spill some bile

            Hello UK Jugglers. Somebody named Emily from Beverley Keogh Casting in
            Manchester phoned me while trying to contact the Flying Teapots. I suggested
            forwarding a message to this group and I am pasting what I received below.

            Direct replies should go to commercial@...
            <mailto:commercial%40beverleykeogh.tv> , I guess.

[...]

          • Nigel Schaay
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
              On 1 Oct 2012, at 18:56, Peter Gamble wrote:

              > Absolutely agree , that is appalling I think we all ought to contact them
              > and spill some bile

              I had the email too (plus a phone message). I sent this reply:
              Dear [I got my message from a different person at the agency],

              Whilst I no longer work as an entertainer, I will forward your request to people I know who are still in the business. However, given that the fee stands at £200 for a day's audition plus 1 or 2 days filming - at best £100 per day, expenses included, I doubt you will be inundated with requests from interested parties.
            • Annette Gliwa
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2012
                audition 4th October
                filming 24th/25th October
                wardrobe call on 22nd October
                rehearsal on 23rd October

                I make that 5 days a 40 pounds- bargain
                here is my reply:
                 Hi
                I am a highly skilled professional juggler and I would rather work for charity than be ripped of for 40 pounds a day.
                regards
                Annette

                must be the rude German in me :)

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2012
                  I just had this response after I queried the price.

                  The breakdown of fees that are available are;

                  Wardrobe Fitting = £50
                  Rehearsal Day = 1/2 BSF = £100

                  Filming (x two days) = £200 x 2 = £400

                  This is still poor in my opinion, but nice for somebody trying to get their face out there.