Re: A shortage of professional jugglers?

  • mike_j_armstrong
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
      --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rowe" <circuskevin@...> wrote:
      > A colleague was telling me half the audience walked out when Sean
      > Gandini came on stage at a Coventry festival!

      As far as I know the only festival ever to be held in Coventry was the BJC in 1992. Both Sean/The Gandini's work and the views of the juggling convention crowd have changed a lot in the last 21 years. It sounds like your colleague needs to get some more up-to-date anecdotes!
      Cheers
      -Mike
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
        On 02/04/2012 11:14, mike_j_armstrong wrote:
        > --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rowe"<circuskevin@...> wrote:
        >> A colleague was telling me half the audience walked out when Sean
        >> Gandini came on stage at a Coventry festival!
        >
        > As far as I know the only festival ever to be held in Coventry was the BJC in 1992. Both Sean/The Gandini's work and the views of the juggling convention crowd have changed a lot in the last 21 years. It sounds like your colleague needs to get some more up-to-date anecdotes!
        > Cheers
        > -Mike

        If you're doing art, and nobody dislikes it, you're doing it wrong.

      • j.jester@virgin.net
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
          I must be doing it very right then. Heh heh!

          From: Charlie Hull <charlie@...>
          Sender: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 11:24:50
          To: <uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [uk_jugglers] Re: A shortage of professional jugglers?

          On 02/04/2012 11:14, mike_j_armstrong wrote:
          > --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rowe"<circuskevin@...> wrote:
          >> A colleague was telling me half the audience walked out when Sean
          >> Gandini came on stage at a Coventry festival!
          >
          > As far as I know the only festival ever to be held in Coventry was the BJC in 1992. Both Sean/The Gandini's work and the views of the juggling convention crowd have changed a lot in the last 21 years. It sounds like your colleague needs to get some more up-to-date anecdotes!
          > Cheers
          > -Mike

          If you're doing art, and nobody dislikes it, you're doing it wrong.

        • Danny Colyer
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 2, 2012
            On 02/04/2012 11:14, mike_j_armstrong wrote:
            > --- In uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Rowe"<circuskevin@...> wrote:
            >> A colleague was telling me half the audience walked out when Sean
            >> Gandini came on stage at a Coventry festival!
            >
            > As far as I know the only festival ever to be held in Coventry was the BJC in 1992. Both Sean/The Gandini's work and the views of the juggling convention crowd have changed a lot in the last 21 years. It sounds like your colleague needs to get some more up-to-date anecdotes!

            I'm sure Coventry must have had at least one music festival, or arts
            festival, or something, over the last 20 years. It can't be only
            juggling festivals that book juggling acts.

            --
            Danny Colyer <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
            "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down. This should be every boy's
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 11, 2012
              Hi all,

              My colleague actually organized the 1992 BJC so it wasn't then. I didn't know him then. I saw him busking at Stratford upon Avon a few years ago. Does a wonderful show. Since then we've occasionally been doing shows for schools. I do a show for the Infants and he does one for the Juniors. Works very nicely.

              "Philistines" ... Quite correct Pan!

              Gandini is great for the juggling community with his innovative work.

              The general public still needs entertaining with shows they can understand.

              With the abundance of money the past 20 years, have jugglers, quite naturally, been pursuing that rather than develop their work for public consumption?

              Just a thought.