Re: [uk_jugglers] Google ads ...

  • Emily Winch
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2012
      I've used them (but not for juggling) with some success.

      The big win is that you can display your ad directly to people who want
      something you provide, and who are actually looking for that something,
      right when your ad appears. I could make an ad that only appears when
      someone in Sheffield searches for "children's party juggler", which is a
      pretty good sign that they are prepared to spend some money on a juggler
      right now! Compare that to a car ad on a billboard; most of the people who
      see it don't want a new car, and pretty much none of them are actually
      engaged in hunting for a new car at the moment they go past the billboard.

      To make money from Google Ads you have to plan the ads very carefully
      (thinking about what your customers might be searching for), test the ads
      (try a lot of different ads and see how well they perform), and keep
      monitoring the ads and measuring performance. For example, if you have an
      enquiry form on your website, then you can measure what % of people
      arriving from each ad go on to complete the enquiry form. If you also know
      what % of people who complete the enquiry form go on to make a booking, you
      can start to work out how much hard cash each ad brings in.

      Yes, the normal google ads are "pay per click"; it works on an auction
      system, so the more niche your keywords are, the less you can expect to pay
      for them.

      If you haven't used Google Ads before you can get a �50 voucher that you
      can use to play around and see what you think.
      http://www.google.com/coupons/1/SELF/D3LVFSX5VXKZ7A4Y?source=gsa

      Emily