Workshops for festivals - fees?

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
      Starting to get enquiries for these festival type events.

      Never really done much of these.

      Are they the sort of events you can charge £500-£600 for?

      Or is it £200 - £300 for everything these days.

    • dave booth
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
        £300.00 is the going rate for a days workshop for the bigger events i do.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
          Hi Dave,

          Does that include working for 5-6 hours as these events are asking for?

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
            totally.still £50..00 an hour for 6 hours...

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
              unless you can provide something special to the event (a show for example)
              on top of the workshop then your providing nothing they cant get
              elsewhere for their �300.

              On 1 November 2011 19:01, dave booth <davejellybean@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > totally.still �50..00 an hour for 6 hours...
              >

              > ________________________________

              www.minimansell.com

            • KONIG EDWARD
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2011
                £300 a day per workshop leader is going rate around these parts
                (Cambridge), often less - £200 - in schools.
                I quite like the whole day in schools etc as we tend to run reasonably
                structured workshops but the more unstructured fairs / fetes / festival
                workshops are exhausting - we try to have a number of leaders so that
                everyone can get a bit of time out. Also it may be worth suggesting to
                organisers that you provide a few shorter sessions at specific times and a
                bit of walkabout - simply for your own sanity.
                The larger and more established events are usually fine, but there seem to
                be an increasing number of new 'festivals' that are trying to get
                performers and workshop leaders for no more than a free ticket and food
                vouchers - possibly encouraging the less professional and undercutting the
                pros...Don't know if others are experiencing this?
                Eddie

                On 1 November 2011 19:03, Mini Mansell <mini@...> wrote:

                > unless you can provide something special to the event (a show for example)
                > on top of the workshop then your providing nothing they cant get
                > elsewhere for their £300.
                >

                > On 1 November 2011 19:01, dave booth <davejellybean@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > totally.still £50..00 an hour for 6 hours...
                > >

                > > ________________________________

              • glyn hanton
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2011
                  bare in mind that a popular festival will have a lot more people at it
                  than the average fete/carnival. If you don't take another body or two
                  along to help out, expect to work a _lot harder for your money. As such,
                  it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to charge more, but it depends how
                  desperate you are for the work. There will always be someone who will
                  undercut you, but it doesn't mean they're capable of doing the job, and
                  any half decent festival organisers know this.

                  On 01/11/2011 17:46, Kevin Rowe wrote:
                  > Starting to get enquiries for these festival type events.
                  >
                  > Never really done much of these.
                  >
                  > Are they the sort of events you can charge £500-£600 for?
                  >
                  > Or is it £200 - £300 for everything these days.
                  >
                  > Kevin

                  Alight Fingers Juggling
                  www.alightfingers.com
                • Andrew Wakeford
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 2, 2011
                    I think something worth noting is that festivals really don't like paying people for anything. Also there are a lot of people out there that will work for festivals just for a free ticket.

                    As someone mentioned earlier. Make sure you offer something above and beyond what anyone else does.

                    Good luck and have fun :D

                    Andy.

                    To: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com
                    From: glyn@...
                    Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:23:30 +0000

                    bare in mind that a popular festival will have a lot more people at it
                    than the average fete/carnival. If you don't take another body or two
                    along to help out, expect to work a _lot harder for your money. As such,
                    it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to charge more, but it depends how
                    desperate you are for the work. There will always be someone who will
                    undercut you, but it doesn't mean they're capable of doing the job, and
                    any half decent festival organisers know this.

                    On 01/11/2011 17:46, Kevin Rowe wrote:
                    > Starting to get enquiries for these festival type events.
                    >
                    > Never really done much of these.
                    >
                    > Are they the sort of events you can charge �500-�600 for?
                    >
                    > Or is it �200 - �300 for everything these days.
                    >
                    > Kevin

                    Alight Fingers Juggling
                    www.alightfingers.com