Re: [uk_jugglers] Shows v Workshops

  • Roslyn Walker
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2011
      A show is only an hour long, where as a workshop is for a full day. Therefore wouldn't a school see it that they are getting more value for money with a workshop?

      Roslyn Walker

      0044 (0)75 4539 6697
      Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Video

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 26, 2011
        Doesn't really matter cos the simple fact is that schools don't have the money for employing outside agencies anymore.The only school bookings i am getting are those funded by the p.t.a. They may employ 1 person
         but gone are the days when they they would have a juggler,then a puppet company,then a theatre group and then etc.......etc......Fact not fiction cos Mrs. Jellyb. teaches and knows what is going on better than we do...

        ________________________________

      • j.jester@virgin.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 26, 2011
          Offering better value to schools is the way forward. I offer a free 20 min show with a days workshops

          From: dave booth <davejellybean@...>
          Sender: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:18:11
          To: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com<uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
            Well, offering shows rather than workshops has definitely worked for me. Did 3 shows in schools yesterday, two in one school and one in another.

            Getting a mixture of shows + workshops overall as some of the schools decide to go for workshops instead.

            Offering better value to schools is the way forward. I offer a free 20 min show with a days workshops

            From: dave booth <davejellybean@...>
            Sender: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:18:11
            To: uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com<uk_jugglers@yahoogroups.com>