BJC 2012

  • emily_ruth_winch
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2011
      This is an announcement from Amie of BJC Southend.

      Hi Jugglers,

      We hope those of you who attended the EJC had a great time. If you're
      wondering where your next big juggling fix is going to come from, then look no further! Plans for BJC 2012 are shaping up and we're pleased to be hosting it in Southend-on-Sea. It's a seaside town with miles of sandy sea front, where you can walk (or unicycle) along the world's longest pleasure pier.

      This year we're planning a dedicated track of performance skills
      workshops. It's early days yet, but we're hoping to be able to cover
      all kinds of subjects, from movement through slapstick to street
      performance. Of course, that's in addition to all the usual workshops
      on juggling, diabolo and tea drinking.

      As usual, the BJC will be playing host to the British Young Juggler of
      the Year competition; if you think you might like to enter, do please
      email Ieuan: byjoty@....

      It might be hard to believe, but it was all the way back in 1988 when
      Charlie Holland and Max Oddball ran the first ever British Juggling
      Convention. In 2012, we'll be hosting the 25th BJC. In honour of the
      occasion, we're planning a black tie and silver themed party.

      For the Saturday night, our show production team is hard at work
      putting together a top notch public show, with jugglers that should
      impress even jugglers.

      You can pre-register at our website http://bjc2012.co.uk Prices are as follows:

      Early pre-reg (this year): £75 or £45 for children (11-15 inclusive).
      Late pre-reg (early next year): £85 or £55 for children.
      On the door: £95 or £65.

      Children under 11 get in to the main event for free, but children
      needing their own seat for the public show will have to buy a show
      ticket at £7.

      Watch this space for more announcements!

      Hope to see you in April,

      Amie
      Team BJC 2012