Re: [uk_jugglers] EJC 2015

(10287)
  • Ali Close
    Oct 7, 2013 Expand Messages

      On 05/10/2013 18:08, Kevin Rowe wrote:

      > Just stumbled on the news that the EJC in Berlin is cancelled.
      > http://ejc2015.org/index.php?article_id=15&clang=0
      > Kevin

      I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to give us some more details,
      but after some conversations at Bristol I think the situation is not
      quite as that web page puts it - and I know alternatives are being
      considered as we speak.

      Charlie

      Thanks, Charlie.  The EJA will be along soon to let everyone know what will be happening in 2015.  There are some inaccuracies on the Berlin team’s website, but I won’t bore you with all the ins and outs.  Instead, for those of you that were not at the EJA General Assembly (GA) in Toulouse (EJC2013), here is a quick summary about the situation:

      For some years now, we have been voting three years ahead on locations and organising teams for EJCs.  In Lublin (EJC2012), no candidates came forward for 2015.  Prior to Toulouse, we were contacted by a small team of jugglers with a proposal to host 2015 in a village near Berlin.  EJA representatives then met with two of the team in Toulouse prior to the GA.  There were some concerns on both sides – including some issues with the venue that could not be resolved by the team until mid-September.  But EJA voted to let the team present to the jugglers at the GA with the proviso that if all parties concerned were not completely happy by the end of September, then the EJA had the right to appoint a different organising team to host EJC2015.

      The team from Berlin have decided to withdraw their proposal, and currently, the EJA is in discussion with several alternative organising teams.  We hope to make a solid plan as soon as possible, at which time we will communicate the plan via the EJA website and through other social networks.  So watch this space.....

      Cheers,
      Ali
      on behalf of the EJA

      Ali Close