Re: Noise emitters sound good!

  • Wim de Winter
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 1, 2007
      When connectec to an net-adapter, unpredictable black-outs could make it
      remaining effective even a longer time.
    • Christopher Roy Fraser-Jenkins
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 2, 2007
        Thanks Matt and Wim and all - Surely cats are what I need (our
        Nepalese moggies are careful not to tread on my ferns! - paerhaps they
        know what's coming if they do!). I'm after religious shrew-repellers,
        which might have to be super ultra-VHF-UPS-sonic!
        So I'm still pretty handy with the old hockey-stick stomp routine
        when they move out and about - but I will certainly look into a
        repellent shriek-machine if I manage to get to Britain. I also want
        some of those eel-worm eggs to tickle up the local chapters of snails
        a bit and keep 'em on, or rather, off their toes.
        But if this Winter's Water crisis is as bad as they say it will be
        I dare say I won't be having to bother much more! Let's see - maybe I
        can allocate my shower-ration to the ferns instead, surprise surprise!
        Anyway thanks for all the advice on these modern gadgets I'd never
        even heard of. Amazing state-of-the-art simple horticulture has become
        in Britain over the last 20 years or so.
        Cheers,
        Chris.
        P.S. There's been some correspondence about Nephrolepis recently - I
        happen to have picked up a variegated strongly yellow-streaked and
        flecked N. exaltata (or ?N. cordata) cultivar in Myanmar, which is
        growing well - in fact running out of the pot in all directions. Is
        this a common thing? It's evidently shrew-proof!