Asplenium and Adiantum

  • Christopher Roy Fraser-Jenkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2006
      Dear Denise,
      Please forgive my long delay in replying, but I was busy
      visiting Britain and Edinburgh Botanic Gardens, where I am at the
      moment. Yes, the Asplenium 'Taina' was answered by someone who knew
      it and it was the New Zealand species.
      The Adiantum parishii is only known from a single hill, Zwa-
      ka-bin in southern Burma, nowhere else in the world, so far. It is
      a lot smaller than A. reniforme, each leaf about an inch long and
      the whole thing only about an inch high - quite "cute" as they say
      across the Pond!
      All the best,
      Chris Fraser-Jenkins.

      --- In uk-ferns@yahoogroups.com, "Denise" <101989@...> wrote:

      > Hi to all.
      > after finding site today couldn't get off computer until I had
      read all mail and looked at all photos, and would like to make 2
      comments.

      > 1. not sure if any out come was reached on the "Tania" fern
      discussed in May or June, but definitely an asplenium by the spore
      pattern. And just by the looks of the photo similar to what sold in
      Aust as oblongaflolia(was lucidum) from nz or asp mayii. Don't know
      where this originated from.???

      > 2 I was very interested in the adiantum parishii in the photo
      album. Is this an English fern?? and is it a little one like Ad
      reinaform which I grow (with difficulty) and being so small very
      slow in fact they just seem to always stay the same size.