Fern books for sale

  • Christopher Roy Fraser-Jenkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
      I've got a few nice fern-books and I wonder if anyone out there might
      be interested to buy them? It is because of my imminent trip to the
      UK - just at the time when I haven't much salary from the British
      volunteer-sending company I work for - no one seems to like Nepal too
      much right now!
      I could bring some of them with me to Britain in a couple of weeks
      if there were some interested people, though some of them are fairly
      expensive to get hold of.
      The books I have are:
      Thomas Moore's Octavo Nature Printed British Ferns (1860) - very
      nicely bound.
      Edward Young's Ferns of Wales (1856) - contains "plates" which are
      original pressed specimens; a pretty rare book, in nice condition.
      Edward Lowe's Ferns, British and Exotic (1856-60) - in 8 volumes.
      (though I rather need this one!)
      Edward Lowe's A Natural History of New and Rare Ferns (1860-61).
      Francis Heath's Fern Portfolio (1885).
      e-mail me on chrisophilus@... if someone wants any of them.
      Cheers,
      Chris Fraser-Jenkins, Kathmandu.
    • Howard Matthews
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
        Hello Chris,
        Just wondering if you might have a spare copy of your New Species Syndrome for sale at a reasonable price?  There used to be several copies available on ABEbooks but now there are only two, I think, and even the lower-priced one is a bit out of my reach, particularly with carriage charges added.
        Howard Matthews howard_ferns@...