Nepal and Himalayan State pteridophyte lists

  • chrisophilus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2011
      Hello there - anybody home?
      I'm not sure if anyone will find it useful, but I recently completed several Indo-Himalayan fern-lists, including Arunachal Pradesh (The "N.E. Frontier"); Bhutan and Nepal; plus Pakistan; Afghanistan etc.
      I'll try to upload it into files in a minute, under Nepal Pteridophytes. The original paper was for the small Indian fern conference at Palampur, near Dharmsala, in November - with lists in an appendix, which I started making years ago, but now have in a reasonably updated and complete state to make available.
      They might be useful if anyone's into a Himalayan fern-garden back home! Anyway it's a break from anxiously attempting to breathe one's last gasps of warm air over prised tree ferns in this appalling Global cooling period we are said to have caused through not burning enough fossil fuel or something. Personally I suspect it's the start of the next ice-advance as I never was much of a believer in the Holocene myth! I'm looking forward to the rise of temperate-forest fern garden refugia in Borneo or somewhere cool!
      Happy New Year!
      Chris Fraser-Jenkins, Kathmandu.