MSO 6: preliminary information

  • Chris M. Dickson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2002
      The dates for the sixth Mind Sports Olympiad have been announced:
      Wednesday 14th August to Sunday 18th August.

      The venue of the sixth Mind Sports Olympiad has not yet been announced.
      The hire agreement with the venue is expected to be signed within the
      next three weeks or so, then we expect to announce the exact location
      details and schedule.

      What is known is that:
      (a) the venue will be in the UK, but will not be in London
      (b) the event will take place in a different type of venue to those
      which have hosted past Olympiads.

      There will be copious accommodation on site, including budget bed and
      breakfast arrangements. It is intended that all the participants will be
      staying on site, which means that there will be far more opportunities
      for social games with other players during the evenings or at other
      times when you aren't taking part in tournaments.

      It is also expected that the fee structure will get rid of the hated
      per-tournament entry charges; instead, we will quote an all-inclusive
      price which covers accommodation costs and convention participation
      fees. In short, it'll be far more like other conventions of ours
      (ManorCon, MidCon, StabCon and the like) than any other Mind Sports
      Olympiad in the past. Interested? Look out for more details in the
      coming weeks and pencil in August 14th to 18th in your diary now.

      For a little more information, including hints at possible similar MSO
      weekends around the country in the future, point your browser at
      http://www.msoworld.com/Press/Releases/MSO6pre.html

      If you want to be sent a printed entry form or more information once it
      is available, please mail Tony Corfe at mindsports@...
      with your details. Please mention that you got his address from this
      posting to the uk-con-news mailing list, so we can flex our muscles and
      overrun the event with our sort of gamers :-)

      More information as I get it.

      Keep 'em peeled!
      Chris

      --