MasterCon

  • David Norman
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 15, 2005
      MasterCon 2005 is this weekend - 18th to 20th March 2005.

      Unfortunately, Eve Smith has been seriously ill in the last week. She is
      now out of hospital, but has been ordered to take two weeks complete rest,
      so neither she nor Keith will be there. Therefore I am taking over the
      running of the convention for this year. This has come as rather a surprise
      to me, as I'm sure it will be to you, so please be nice to me, make things
      as easy as you can, don't get too upset if things don't quite go perfectly,
      etc.

      Other than that, the convention will be the same as it has been in the last
      couple of years - same location, same games (plus maybe some new ones),
      same friendly atmosphere, etc.

      If you are coming along, and you have not told Keith and Eve, please let me
      know a.s.a.p.

      If you want a room in the hotel, please book it yourself. If you have any
      problems doing this, then please let me know, and I'll do what I can to help.

      More information can be found at http://www.ellought.demon.co.uk/mastercon

      David.
    • David Norman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2006
        Hi All,

        It's now only 5 weeks to MasterCon - so time to start thinking about
        getting organised.

        The Youth Hostel is now full - or at least nearly full, depending on which
        report you believe... If you want to stay there, it might be worth
        contacting them, but do it now. And if you find it's full, don't be surprised.

        The other option, is to stay at the Marriott Hotel. This is a recently
        refurbished, four star hotel. The prices are 65.00 per room per night for a
        single room, or 70.00 per room per night for a twin or double room. So if
        you were intending to take a 2-person room at the Youth Hostel, the hotel
        is actually cheaper!!! The hotel is about a mile from the convention.

        If you want to stay at the hotel, you can book through Shaun Derrick.
        shaun.derrick@... . This is a special rate that Shaun has secured, so
        you cannot book directly with the hotel at these prices.

        Any questions, feel free to ask.

        David.