MayCon

  • Julia and Chris Boote
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004
      What? MayCon is a friendly convetion, held in the UK at the beginning
      of summer each year, catering for all types of gamers. It is also the
      venue for Spelchamps UK, the UK board & card game championships, and
      the UK heats for EuroMasters at Essen in October.
      Where? Thistle Hotel, St Chads, Queensway, Birmingham City Centre.
      When? 30th April to 3rd May 2004 - the first Summer Bank Holiday
      weekend.
      What time? 18:00 Friday night to 14:00 Monday.
      What did you have in mind? Boardgames, Spielchamps UK, Silly Drive,
      Freeforms, RPGs, Playtesting. And anything else you want to do.
      Please fill in the boxes on the form and we'll try and make the
      convention you want.
      Where do we play? The Thistle Hotel, which has been used by MidCon
      successfully for a number of years, so they're used to gamers by
      now...
      There are three meeting rooms exclusively for our use in the hotel.,
      plus another for children
      But I live in Birmingham - I don't want to stay in the hotel? That's
      okay, you can sign up for the con without having to stay in the
      hotel. If you're not staying in the hotel, please come and spend some
      money in there at the Bar
      Bar? Yes, of course. Any special requests for Real Ales or Bar Snacks?
      Accommodation? Twin and Double Rooms in the hotel are £35 per night
      per person for Bed and Breakfast with two sharing. Single occupancy
      is £40 per person per night.
      How much does it cost?
      In advance On the Door
      Up to March 30th From April 1st
      Per day £8 £10 £15
      The
      whole £25 £30
      weekend

      How do I sign up? Fill in the form at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MayConUK/files/, send it to us with a
      cheque payable to "UK Freeforms" or e-mail maycon2004@...
      I'd like to run a game / freeform / RPG session - can I? Yup!. Tell
      us, and we'll put it into the events list. We'll put a timetable
      together based on who wants to play and what people want to run.
      More information available from
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MayConUK