MasterCon

  • David Norman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2004
      MasterCon

      12 - 14th March 2004. Elizabeth Hotel, Rockingham Road, Corby, Northants.

      So far, it is a mixed bag. A lot of people say they are going, but nobody
      is actually booking. OK, that's not quite true, the organisers, and one
      other person, have already booked.

      This may not sound like a problem. We all know what most of the hobby is
      like. Leave everything to the last minute, there's sure to still be rooms
      free. The problem is, the hotel don't know what we're like.

      And so they are worried. Really worried. As in, they are saying that if we
      don't get some bookings in the next few days, then they are going to cancel
      the convention.

      So, if you are intending to go to MasterCon, then please book now. They
      have an e-mail address, so no need to wait until working hours. Just send
      an e-mail to elizabeth.rockingham@... and tell them you want a
      room for MasterCon. In fact I'll make it even easier. Just cut and paste
      the following, and delete as applicable:

      Subject: Booking for MasterCon.

      Ref: NAS 1203
      Dear Gillian,

      Please can you book me a room for MasterCon. I would like a :

      - Single room at 40.00 per night
      - Twin room at 59.00 per night
      - Double room at 59.00 per night

      For Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights

      My Credit card number is:
      -or-
      Please confirm the room is available, and I will phone with my credit card
      details.

      The hotel phone number is 01536 401348. And of course, if you don't want to
      book by e-mail, you can do the whole thing by phone - just start off by
      asking for Gillian and quoting the Reference Number (NAS 1203).

      Any problems, mail me : david@... or Keith :
      keith4.smith@...

      Full details at www.ellought.demon.co.uk/mastercon

      David.
    • David Norman
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2005
        Hi All,

        MasterCon will be 18th to 20th March 2005, and once again will be held at
        the Elizabeth Hotel, Rockingham Road, Corby, Northants.

        I have just updated the Webpage, http://www.ellought.demon.co.uk/mastercon
        with this year's information. Please note that the advanced registration
        fee will only be available for a short length of time, as we have to get
        sufficient bookings into the hotel sufficiently far in advance, in order
        for the convention to go ahead.

        More details, including details of how to book, can be found on the above
        webpage. Any questions, please ask me or Keith.

        David.
      • David Norman
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 15 12:47 PM
          MasterCon 2005 is this weekend - 18th to 20th March 2005.

          Unfortunately, Eve Smith has been seriously ill in the last week. She is
          now out of hospital, but has been ordered to take two weeks complete rest,
          so neither she nor Keith will be there. Therefore I am taking over the
          running of the convention for this year. This has come as rather a surprise
          to me, as I'm sure it will be to you, so please be nice to me, make things
          as easy as you can, don't get too upset if things don't quite go perfectly,
          etc.

          Other than that, the convention will be the same as it has been in the last
          couple of years - same location, same games (plus maybe some new ones),
          same friendly atmosphere, etc.

          If you are coming along, and you have not told Keith and Eve, please let me
          know a.s.a.p.

          If you want a room in the hotel, please book it yourself. If you have any
          problems doing this, then please let me know, and I'll do what I can to help.

          More information can be found at http://www.ellought.demon.co.uk/mastercon

          David.
        • David Norman
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 28, 2006
            Hi All,

            It's now only 5 weeks to MasterCon - so time to start thinking about
            getting organised.

            The Youth Hostel is now full - or at least nearly full, depending on which
            report you believe... If you want to stay there, it might be worth
            contacting them, but do it now. And if you find it's full, don't be surprised.

            The other option, is to stay at the Marriott Hotel. This is a recently
            refurbished, four star hotel. The prices are 65.00 per room per night for a
            single room, or 70.00 per room per night for a twin or double room. So if
            you were intending to take a 2-person room at the Youth Hostel, the hotel
            is actually cheaper!!! The hotel is about a mile from the convention.

            If you want to stay at the hotel, you can book through Shaun Derrick.
            shaun.derrick@... . This is a special rate that Shaun has secured, so
            you cannot book directly with the hotel at these prices.

            Any questions, feel free to ask.

            David.