OxCon 2004

  • Richard Huzzey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      This year's OxCon will take place in The Mitre on the High Street in Oxford
      from 24th-25th January 2004. As usual, there is a meal on the night before
      for those who are arriving then- contact me to book a place.

      There will be casual gaming all day, in the upstairs rooms we have hired,
      with access to the bar and food. We will also be joined by Dave Lunn of
      Gamesweb, who will be bringing a wide array of games to sell. Additionally
      we'll be running a number of organised competitions:

      - Saturday 24th will see our annual Diplomacy tournament with trophies and
      prizes for the winners, and Best Country certificates too.
      - Sunday 25th is the day for the Settlers of Catan tournament, which we
      believe to be the biggest structured one in the UK. There are, of course,
      prizes and trophies for the winners.
      - Lost Cities tournament on the Sunday evening
      - 15-1 Quiz on the Saturday evening.

      Prices for admission are extremely reasonable and can be found, with other
      details at http://come.to/oxcon. You can also contact me at
      diplo@....

      Please note that some of our advertising in the past few months has
      mistakenly suggested the weekend is 25th-26th rather than 24th-25th. Sorry
      for any confusion caused, but it is definitely the Saturday and Sunday.

      Richard.