DiceCon

  • ellis_simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2002
      DiceCon is a boardgames convention to be held on 25 August 2002 in
      the Central Hotel Glasgow.

      We intend to run Settlers of Catan and Ivanhoe tournaments (with
      prizes) as well as plenty of free space for boardgaming and lots of
      Free4All stuff that people can drop in play and drop out as they
      wish. These will likely include variants of United, Grand Slam and
      Grand National with possibly a home brew game or two.

      There will be lots of effort put in to making sure novices (including
      family groups) get a gentle introduction and have something to do
      rather than wander round looking at lots of other people enjoying
      themselves.

      The most up to date details are on the web site (www.dicecon.com)
      which will be updated regularly.

      The Central Hotel is as good as its name suggests. We have not
      arranged accommodation rates as we frankly have no idea of the
      uptake. Fortunately there are plenty of places in the city for every
      budget.

      Offers of help gratefully received!