Bob Kendrick Shield

  • Shaun Derrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2002
      Bob Kendrick Shield

      Attn UK Diplomacy hobby...

      Enthusiasm for getting something done with the Bob Kendrick Shield is lacking. I was hoping someone else will take over the running... anyone!?

      I would like votes for best British player of 2002. In order to vote, all you have to do is send me your top three British players, who, in your considered opinion deserve to be names British Diplomacy player of the year. The player with the highest number of '1st' votes will win the Shield which will be presented at MasterCon in March.

      Previous winners are

      1997 Dave Horton
      1998 Dave Horton
      1999 Simon Bouton
      2000 Simon Bouton
      2001 Chetan Radia
      2002 ?

      Your votes will count as there are only around 15 people who actually vote.

      Note that players must be British based and must be active in the Postal/Email/Tournament hobby. There has been a lean towards Tournament players in the past, which, considering my own connections and Bob Kendrick's own preferences, is not surprising.

      Flood my Inbox, Baby!!!

      Shaun

      Shaun Derrick
      Travel Management Group PLC
      Tel No 01926 332266

      www.travelmanagement.co.uk
      www.matchdays.com

    • Shaun Derrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2003
        We are at that time of the year again when I am requesting votes for
        the Bob Kendrick Shield.

        The BKS is to honour the best UK Diplomacy player of 2003.

        Please send me your top three players in descending order.

        Only UK based players count.

        The player with the most 'tops', 'firsts', whatever you wish to call
        them, will be awarded the shield at MasterCon - if it taking place -
        or some other appropriate convention/meeting.

        The current holder is Mark Wightman

        Players can be Email / FTF / Postal players.

        Deadline for votes is 31 January 2004

        Shaun Derrick
      • Shaun Derrick
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2004
          I received only 8 votes for the Bob Kendrick Shield this year. It was
          extremely wide open with only 1 player getting two 'Firsts'...and
          that was John Stratford.

          Other Firsts were Tim Sweeney, Jeremy Tullett, Ivan Woodward, Dave
          Wreathall, Simon Bouton and Shaun Derrick.

          I know that John will not be at MasterCon this year, so I will do the
          presentation at ManorCon.

          Mark, do you have the Shield off Chetan yet?

          Shaun