Mind Sports Olympiad 6: less than two weeks to go!

  • Chris M. Dickson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2002
      The sixth Mind Sports Olympiad will take place at Loughborough
      University from August 14th to August 18th this year. The event is
      taking place alongside Britcon, organised by the British Historical
      Games Society. MSO 6 tournaments most likely to be of interest to
      members of this mailing list include:

      ACQUIRE
      Sunday 18th, 10am to 5:30pm (with lunch break)
      (Optional introduction for absolute beginners one hour beforehand)

      DIPLOMACY
      Friday 16th, 3pm to 10:30pm (with dinner break)
      (Optional introduction for absolute beginners one hour beforehand)

      LOST CITIES
      Saturday 17th, 9am to 1pm

      SETTLERS OF CATAN
      Saturday 17th, 3pm to 10:30pm (with dinner break)
      (Optional introduction for absolute beginners one hour beforehand)

      TRAX
      Beginners: Saturday 17th, 6:30pm to 10:30pm
      Championship: Sunday 18th, 9am to 1pm

      ...but there are tournaments in around thirty other mind sports and
      mental skills, including poker (played for chips, not cash!), cribbage,
      dominoes, chess, bridge, backgammon and many well-known abstract games.

      Tournament entry fees start at ten pounds, with discounts for those
      under 16, over 60, unwaged or with disabilities. Please note that a late
      entry fee applies to entries postmarked after August 9th, so book early.
      Why not book this weekend?

      We also have a variety of accommodation available on-site, which we
      strongly encourage you to consider. Perhaps you could get a group of
      hobby friends together for five whole days to play in some of our events
      and play other games when you're not involved in a tournament.

      For details of costs, exact location, an online entry form and much
      more, please look at http://www.msoworld.com/Olympiad/index.html

      See you there!
      Chris

      --