10th Mind Sports Olympiad now in progress

  • Chris M. Dickson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2006
      The Mind Sports Olympiad has moved back to London for its tenth annual
      event; this year, we're at the University of Westminster, directly
      opposite Madam Tussaud's, about three minutes' walk from the Baker
      Street station on the London Underground.

      The event started today and goes on until Sunday 3rd September. There
      are a wide variety of tournaments, including these ones most likely to
      be of interest:

      Acquire | Monday, August 28th | 09:30 to 17:30
      Carcassonne | Sunday, September 3rd | 09:30 to 13:00
      Diplomacy | Sunday, 27th August | 09:30 to 22:00
      Lost Cities | Saturday, September 2nd | 09:30 to 13:00
      Settlers of Catan | Saturday, September 2nd | 14:00 to 22:00
      ...plus all the usual suspects, like more chess than you can shake a
      stick at and poker every night until the 2nd. We have some rather
      handsome little trophies as prizes.

      Entry fees are down on last year, but if you haven't booked already
      then you'll need to pay a late fee surcharge. All the information you
      need is at http://www.msoworld.com/ .

      Enjoy!
      Chris